This blog is all about me......I come here for respite in between caring for JoJo (our Daughter who has Special Needs)......I am addicted to starting new projects......I am becoming a fabric-a-holic... I love to try out recipes... take a beach walk and breathe in that salty blue air......love to have coffee...sip a glass of champagne......read a book......I am Queen of the Armchair and am inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there!!!

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Dessert Is Served

Finally, after a couple of days working out the entree and dessert for the assignment I have basically worked it out. Following is dessert: 1. Creme Brulee with Sesame Seed Wafers
2. Pavlova 3. Baked Apples with Cloves in a Pastry Gown
4. Cherry Clafoutis 5. Dark Chocolate Cheesecake, Blood
Orange and Cointreau Compote (pictured from my class - the blob on the side is curled chocolate)
6. Black Forest Gateau 7. Sticky Date Pudding

The idea is to do 7 entrees, 7 main meals and 7 desserts for
this assignment, cost them and pretend we have a Restaurant ... I can now appreciate the time and effort going into making up a menu, making it sound appetizing and the layout of it all - down to the font!

I know this is all in the wrong order but I thought starting off with main meals followed by a dessert and then trying to fit entrees in.

So ... here are the offerings for entree:
1. Minestrone Soup 2. Tempura of Vegetables and Prawns 3. Mini Spring Rolls with Sweet Chilli Dipping Sauce 4. Citrus Salad with Baby Spinach 5. Peperonata and Goat's Cheese Tart 6. Calamari with Chilli Salt 7. Grandfather's Master Soy Stock Poached Chicken Salad. Now ... back to the drawing board.

3 comments:

Kimonos and Sushi(OLD BLOG) said...

Oh can I come and be the cheif taste tester.......Mini Spring Rolls and Sticky Date are my favs...I dont do vegetables....I think I am allergic to them LOL
All looks very nice.....

Dawn Marie said...

I wish I could sample all the goodies! I love to cook but NOT that much.

Millie said...

Wow - this has made me so hungry! I've got dibs on the Calamari with Chilli Salt, please post the recipe if your can!
Millie ^_^

Welcome To My World

Hello, my name is Dzintra Ingrid ... have been known as Ingrid and since our Sea Change I have started to use Dzintra ... pronounced without the D ... (but still known as Ingrid, I know, it's confusing ...)

Welcome to my world ... a journal of our Sea Change ... Mum to three wonderful children ... bringing up a daughter with a disability and seeing life through her eyes ... being a new Nanna ... photos ... inspiring quotes ... taking on a cookery course ... the odd recipe ... and trying to get some stitching done amongst all this ...