This blog is all about me......I come here for respite in between caring for JoJo (our Daughter who has Special Needs)......I am addicted to starting new projects......I am becoming a fabric-a-holic... I love to try out recipes... take a beach walk and breathe in that salty blue air......love to have coffee...sip a glass of champagne......read a book......I am Queen of the Armchair and am inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there!!!

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Writing Desk Has a New Home





When we went back the next day our little desk and chair

was waiting
for us. It fits nicely into the little timber nook but looks oh so different when it was amongst the all white timber. The timbers all just fit in nicely with each other. Enjoying everything that has Paris on it at the moment ... the lovely ink pot, timber burl and quill came from Tasmania in a little place called The Nut. Now I have to get myself a nib and then I can have my coffee and get cracking with those Christmas Cards looming on the horizon!!!
Little bouton bag sitting up also full of red and green Christmas buttons ...
Assignment still going on and on and ....
Lots of time spent poring over cookbooks, magazines this week, finishing Susan Duncan's book on The House at Salvation Creek and still cross-stitching Christmas stocking which I will try to post up soon. Meanwhile weather here is very uncharacteristic, lots of wind, choppy ocean and predicted snow in the Mountains ... back to the drawing board now ...

3 comments:

Fer said...

What a sweet little desk! Do you mean The Nut at Stanley? Great spot that!

We had snow here too (and a frost this morning!), spring weather is always so weird!

Caroline said...

I love this little spot...so cozy! I bet you will create great things at this desk!

Margaret said...

What's with this weather Hot one day freezing the next. A cosy corner, at you place I hope you have many a peaceful time sitting there pondering.

Welcome To My World

Hello, my name is Dzintra Ingrid ... have been known as Ingrid and since our Sea Change I have started to use Dzintra ... pronounced without the D ... (but still known as Ingrid, I know, it's confusing ...)

Welcome to my world ... a journal of our Sea Change ... Mum to three wonderful children ... bringing up a daughter with a disability and seeing life through her eyes ... being a new Nanna ... photos ... inspiring quotes ... taking on a cookery course ... the odd recipe ... and trying to get some stitching done amongst all this ...