This blog is all about me......I come here for respite in between caring for JoJo (our Daughter who has Special Needs)......I am addicted to starting new projects......I am becoming a fabric-a-holic... I love to try out recipes... take a beach walk and breathe in that salty blue air......love to have coffee...sip a glass of champagne......read a book......I am Queen of the Armchair and am inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there!!!

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Come ... walk with me - to the beach

We had a special evening tonight ... respite care for our daughter while she went out to a dinner at a local Country Club to celebrate Halloween ... so what did we do, we thought we'd take an early evening walk ... yes, just the two of us (doesn't happen very often) down to the beach ...
... we happened upon others with the same idea ...

... to our delight ... in the distance we saw a lovely little wedding party (the bride wore cream), posing for photographs and walking with celebratory drinks in hand ...
...then Hubby checked out the low tide ...

... we looked at the twisted sandstone ...

... then wandered back home ... our little tree fern garden

.... trio of Angels waiting at the front door ...

... and then a glass of red, cheese and crackers, and time out for a couple of hours ... put some nice music on, light a candle and wait till she arrives back home ... a perfect Saturday evening ... Our wealth lies not in what we have but in what we enjoy (Anonymous) ... just about sums it up... I hope you all enjoy your Saturday nights ...

15 comments:

Sal said...

Hi there!
Thank you so much for visiting my blog!!
I enjoyed your walk!
I'll take a good read of the rest of yours, now ;-)

Christine Crocker said...

your walk and your thoughts are very lovely.
thank you so much for coming to visit me.
Please come & sit by my fire anytime and enjoy a story or two.
yrs,
Christine

Millie said...

Yes Dzintra how right you are - its the simple things in life that are the best. We are so far from the water up here in the Adelaide Hills & while it doesn't worry me so much, MOTH who's always had a deep affinity for the sea struggles constantly. So you have reminded me to make the time for a beach wander next week with him.
Millie ^_^

Kimonos and Sushi(OLD BLOG) said...

Hi,
the walk on the beach would have just been beautiful. Glad to hear that you are getting about while recovering.My mum enjoyed the sponge I made her....well we all did actually. Have a great week will be back again.
Andrea

a good yarn said...

Sigh. What a lovely way to spend the evening. A walk along the beach seems to recharge the soul (a little red and cheese doesn't hurt either!).

Happy Stitching...Ann :)

The Pink Poodle said...

thanks for visiting my blog...
that walk looked absolutely divine/.serene..
GORGEOUS...

PLEASE KEEP IN CONTACT...

XX ANDREA

Pineapple Villa said...

What an absolutely beautiful spot you live in...I loved the photos. Am glad you get a bit of respite now and then, must make the world of difference. Hope you are enjoying all your books and you are a busy bee, Mel xxx

Anonymous said...

Hello there, just realized after reading your post, that I have missed walking on the beach near home. Must do when the weather is kinder.Glad you had some respite.Regards Lyn

Micki said...

Your beach looks so much like ours. We often take walks on the beach together, and I agree that you can't buy those precious moments.
Micki
In Ireland

Sea Angels said...

How very beautiful Dzintra, your beach is amazing, and what a lovely evening you have had.You live in such a gorgeous place, oh I just can't beleive it. Thanks for sharing your special time.
Hugs Lynn xx

vosgesparis said...

sounds like a really harmonious evening, nice for you ;)

Annabelle said...

Luv your ocean,Dzintra!
Your evening looked magical.Wish I was there by the sea. Thanks for all of your lovely comments on my blog, glad you enjoyed the music.

Anonymous said...

My idea of a perfect Saturday night! It's the simple things that I always long for and remember most.
Catherine

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the stroll along the sand Dzintra !!!
A Paris Tango you have now... divine too !
Love Barb

Relyn Lawson said...

OH! I love the ocean. I wish I could join you on your walk.

Welcome To My World

Hello, my name is Dzintra Ingrid ... have been known as Ingrid and since our Sea Change I have started to use Dzintra ... pronounced without the D ... (but still known as Ingrid, I know, it's confusing ...)

Welcome to my world ... a journal of our Sea Change ... Mum to three wonderful children ... bringing up a daughter with a disability and seeing life through her eyes ... being a new Nanna ... photos ... inspiring quotes ... taking on a cookery course ... the odd recipe ... and trying to get some stitching done amongst all this ...