This blog is all about me......I come here for respite in between caring for JoJo (our Daughter who has Special Needs)......I am addicted to starting new projects......I am becoming a fabric-a-holic... I love to try out recipes... take a beach walk and breathe in that salty blue air......love to have coffee...sip a glass of champagne......read a book......I am Queen of the Armchair and am inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there!!!

Thursday, November 13, 2008

I've been succumbed to Yule, Vettriano ... and White

Okay, after reading about other bloggers getting into it, and starting to talk about ... and decorating for the coming Festive Season ... I also had to partake ... and hung up this little wall quilt made by my old Quilting Group ... And then, just in time for the Season ... out comes the bottlebrush ... a good old Aussie native plant ... here is a close up of it (and you can see how it received it's name) ...
It just looks so majestic, standing tall and proud ...

... Being further succumbed ... by Jack Vettriano who has emerged from a career in the Scottish coalfields to become one of Scotland's best known contemporary painters. He has received no formal tuition ... has exhibitions in Edinburgh, London, Johannesburg and Hong Kong and is represented by Portland Gallery, London.

If only this one could talk ...
'Elegy for a Dead Admiral' (1998)

'Back Where You Belong' (2000)

'The Singing Butler' (1998)
... and the final one, the all white look, that is so popular now ... of course ... with a touch of the coast . I do so enjoy looking at these joyful things in a new way, especially at the start of summer nearly upon us, the white just looks soooo refreshing, the Vettriano's are simply stunning and the bottlebrush has made perfect timing for it all. Hoping you also enjoy the start of your new Season ... till next time ...

6 comments:

Millie said...

The Christmas Wall Quilt is just lovely Dzintra. I have a very close friend who creates the most amazing quilts too.

The only stitching I've done was years ago as an RN in my ED days & even then the patients complained my handiwork was crooked! I definitely need to stick to P&L's & Balance Sheets.
Millie ^_^

My Pink & Cream Cottage said...

Hey Dzintra,
Have just found you & have to say I love your blog. The Christmas wall quilt really is gorgeous, isn't this just the best time of year.
Looking forward to calling in again

Have a great night

Lyn xoxoxo

Fer said...

His artwork really is lovely, I've always admired 'The Singing Butler' - you can almost feel the wind.

Christmas time is the best!

Arija said...

Hi Dzintra, thanks for stumbling my way. Anyone with a name like that must have Latvian roots somewhere.
It seems we have a few things in common, Reiki, stitching art, love of reading and looking after the handicapped to name a few.
Was your beach walk at Black Rock?
We used to live in Melbourne.
Cheers.

a good yarn said...

Wow, what a diverse and interesting blog. Your wall quilt is a real sweetie.

The artworks are quite stunning, very evocative.

Isn't the bottlebrush a beauty?! I have a hot pink one outside my window at work. It's so lovely.

Happy Stitching...Ann :)

Relyn Lawson said...

The Singing Butler is my favorite of his. Vettriano's work always makes me dream.

Welcome To My World

Hello, my name is Dzintra Ingrid ... have been known as Ingrid and since our Sea Change I have started to use Dzintra ... pronounced without the D ... (but still known as Ingrid, I know, it's confusing ...)

Welcome to my world ... a journal of our Sea Change ... Mum to three wonderful children ... bringing up a daughter with a disability and seeing life through her eyes ... being a new Nanna ... photos ... inspiring quotes ... taking on a cookery course ... the odd recipe ... and trying to get some stitching done amongst all this ...