This blog is all about me......I come here for respite in between caring for JoJo (our Daughter who has Special Needs)......I am addicted to starting new projects......I am becoming a fabric-a-holic... I love to try out recipes... take a beach walk and breathe in that salty blue air......love to have coffee...sip a glass of champagne......read a book......I am Queen of the Armchair and am inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there!!!

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A Little Bit of Wizardry!!!

We have all grown up with the classic movie...and we recently had the pleasure of attending a local production of The Wizard of Oz presented by the Bay Theatre Players...which was the Royal Shakespeare Company adaptation...
This version, whilst taken from the Motion Picture Screenplay has brought together elements of the original story not revealed in the movie, offering a more spectacular visual piece for stage ...the costumes were just so divine...especially the trees...satin and silk, just yummy...The Munchkins were just fun...The Wicked Witch of the east did indeed cast her spell across the audience...Dorothy was just delightful...along with Toto aka Bella... as were all the cast members. We are indeed very fortunate to have a hard-working talented Director here (all the way from England and very experienced)...and a very hard working dedicated cast...
So, upon arriving home I couldn't resist getting out Jo-Jo's Wizard Hat (all the way from Italy)...
And...couldn't resist taking a photo of Wizardology!!! All in all, a very much enjoyable evening, full of fun...and like Dorothy discovers, there really is no place like home...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love to photos, and you have a really nice blog. Thanx for visiting mine. xx

Micki said...

That theatre production looked fantastic..I wish that I could have attended that one. I know I would have loved it. The pics were great!
Micki

Susan McShannon-Monteith said...

The Wizard of Oz was one of my favorite films growing up. Long before VCRs and DVDs it was an annual showing that had my sister and I spellbound in front of the TV.
Fast forward to now and it appears on stage and there's even a tale of the witches on Broadway.
Glad you enjoyed your play.
Thanks for dropping by to visit. I adore hearing from people from all corners of the world.
Susan

Millie said...

Oh that brings back memories Dzintra! Of all my little boys sitting in front of the telly watching the WOO video over & over until it wore out - it was an all time favourite. Must remind them of that - of course they will all deny it vigorously now!

Aren't local productions such fun -our local Stirling Players do some beauties!
Millie ^_^

Welcome To My World

Hello, my name is Dzintra Ingrid ... have been known as Ingrid and since our Sea Change I have started to use Dzintra ... pronounced without the D ... (but still known as Ingrid, I know, it's confusing ...)

Welcome to my world ... a journal of our Sea Change ... Mum to three wonderful children ... bringing up a daughter with a disability and seeing life through her eyes ... being a new Nanna ... photos ... inspiring quotes ... taking on a cookery course ... the odd recipe ... and trying to get some stitching done amongst all this ...