This blog is all about me......I come here for respite in between caring for JoJo (our Daughter who has Special Needs)......I am addicted to starting new projects......I am becoming a fabric-a-holic... I love to try out recipes... take a beach walk and breathe in that salty blue air......love to have coffee...sip a glass of champagne......read a book......I am Queen of the Armchair and am inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there!!!

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Time for the Armchair Queen to get out and about...

Now...I'm really getting out of my Armchair, getting out and about and went to TAFE (have pulled out of the practical side for the rest of the year due to surgery) to hand in my long, drawn out assignment. To be handed in was...a cover letter for my own Restaurant (make believe, Dzintra's by the Sea)...7 entrees, 7 mains, 7 desserts PLUS a wedding menu for 50 guests and all costed!!! This sure took up this Armchair Queen's time...of course blogging in between.......so today after handing it in I thought I deserved to shout myself lunch at..... this cute little cottage...
side view...I sat just behind the second umbrella on the little verandah...

...my little table overlooking the courtyard...

...my lunch, roasted pumpkin and spinach frittata and salad...soy latte and I was tempted... and had a toblerone cheesecake....with ice cream, and read magazines on offer!!! A beautiful sunny day to top it all off, a well deserved lunch ...what more does one need after all this hard work!!! Well...maybe a glass of pink bubbly at home...

7 comments:

a good yarn said...

How marevllous! What a divine place for lunch (which looked delicious by the way). Toblerone cheesecake. Sigh. Some folks have the life. We all deserve to treat ourselves now and then.

Good on you!

Ann

Pineapple Villa said...

Oooh yummy yummy..you have the good life girl! By the way i have tagged you on the 7 things challenge, see my blog for details and would love if you had time to do it! Mel xxx

Carla said...

Hi Dzintra, I love those photos. They are so Australian. Makes me miss Australia even more. It is almost Christmas. Lucky you and what a lovely lunch. Carla

Sea Angels said...

Now why didn't you say you were going I should have loved to tag along ( I wish) you are talking seriously scrummy you meal looks fab but then so does the weather...we are freezing our socks off at the moment, so a visit to see you ...well!! it has been a real treat.
Have a warm and lovely weekend
Hugs Lynn xx

Fer said...

Very well deserved! What a lovely way to treat yourself. :o)

Unknown said...

What a Lovely place for a Special Treat...I often do the same..why Not.!! we deserve them.!!
Glad you had a nice Lunch..Congrats on finishing your Assigment.
cheers

Anonymous said...

Toblerone Cheesecake!!! I LOVE Toblerone! You've been a busy gal. Thanks for finding the time to visit me too. I definitly will go to see Baz's new movie, Australia. (Notice that I've corrected the spelling. I was spelling it Austrailia - knew it didn't look right! I'm really such a stickler for those things.)For now though I can't get out and about like you...yes, Queen of the Chaise-Lounge is what I am at the moment! You've heard of 'Ladies who Lunch', well, we're 'Ladies who Lounge'!
All the best -
Catherine

Welcome To My World

Hello, my name is Dzintra Ingrid ... have been known as Ingrid and since our Sea Change I have started to use Dzintra ... pronounced without the D ... (but still known as Ingrid, I know, it's confusing ...)

Welcome to my world ... a journal of our Sea Change ... Mum to three wonderful children ... bringing up a daughter with a disability and seeing life through her eyes ... being a new Nanna ... photos ... inspiring quotes ... taking on a cookery course ... the odd recipe ... and trying to get some stitching done amongst all this ...