This blog is all about me......I come here for respite in between caring for JoJo (our Daughter who has Special Needs)......I am addicted to starting new projects......I am becoming a fabric-a-holic... I love to try out recipes... take a beach walk and breathe in that salty blue air......love to have coffee...sip a glass of champagne......read a book......I am Queen of the Armchair and am inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there!!!

Saturday, November 8, 2008

My French Life

This week I had the absolute joy of receiving through the mail ... my very own personally signed copy of 'My French Life' by the lovely Vicki Archer. Vicki tells how she fell in love at first sight ... le coupe de foudre ... with Mas de Berard on the outskirts of Saint-Remy-de-Provence...the property has been beautifully restored, there is a lovingly tended olive farm ... and she tells how her and her family came to be in this beautiful spot. Lavish photography by Carla Coulson accompany Vicki's French life ...
...Then, yesterday I happened to see Carla's latest book and simply had to have it ... to accompany Vicki's ...
... I am enjoying my print ... Pierre-Auguste Renoir - A Country Dance 1883, Musee d'Orsay, Paris
... to continue the theme I saw this calendar also yesterday and yes ... had to have it too
... an image from the calendar ... Carrousel au-dessous Sacre Coeur
... another image ... Aux Provinces Brasserie
I am enjoying my little Paris things today ... I even have a little dog called Paris ...
I am listening to Juliet Greco singing Sous le Ciel de Paris ... and enjoying a coffee ... and dreaming... I am excited about my French moment ... may you enjoy your special moments and make them all count ... back to the real world now ... c'est la vie ...

13 comments:

Carla said...

Hi Dzintra; so thrilled so see your coment I have just arrived back in Paris this morning grey and wet and have been up since 3am; Love your blog. hope you enjoy Paris tango Carla x

a good yarn said...

A few moments of escape to the romance of Paris, the pleasures of France - and all from the comfort of your own home!

Enjoy...Ann :)

Micki said...

Well, I enjoyed the escapade to Paris...I haven't been there for many years, but it was very romantic.
Micki

Unknown said...

Hello Dzintra! Thank you for your sweet comment! I am so glad you enjoyed my post. I am glad you found me because that led me to your beautiful blog! I will be checking in often! Thank you, have a beautiful day!!!!
Judith
PS I have to say My French Life is one of my faves I have yet to read Paris Tango!

Fer said...

All you need to top if off is the DVD of Amelie - such a wonderful movie! Oh and of course some pain au chocolat - mmmmm yummy!

Anonymous said...

Hello dear friend -
I am allowing myself one blog peek after dinner tonight - I tend to get obsessed with browsing and my husband misses me! So I've come to see what you did in Austrailia this weekend - and I see you're "in" Paris! Wow! What great treasures you've acquired! I can't wait to get Carla's book, Paris Tango - and I've been enjoying 'My French Life' since last Christmas. Have fun with all that eye-candy!
Catherine

Anonymous said...

Just dropping in on your blog from Texas. I enjoyed your blog and all your Paris goodies.

Caroline said...

What a wonderful journey! I think it always wonderful to escape at home...and Paris is a good place to go. I would love some French pastry right now :)

vicki archer said...

Thank you Dzintra for the lovely words about 'My French Life' - a pleasure as always xv

Sea Angels said...

Hi Dzintra, you are a lovely lady you brighten my day with your kind and caring comments, and now !!! well now you are changing my reading habits, I shall be hooking into Amazon as soon as I have finished writing this to you, there is nothing nicer than a recommended book, and I loved this post....Paris now I am dreaming too and it's not that far for me....
Hugs and happy reading
Love Lynn xx

Annabelle said...

Hi Dzintra,
Lovely reading I see. This time of year is perfect to curl up with a good book. At the moment I am reading Eragon...yes a kid's book...the only books I read these days…lol, but then again I haven't grown up; really don't want to, too much fun! My daughter has me reading her books so that we can share in the adventures together. Still have to get thru the rest of the Twilight series as well. Thanks for the heads up on this one…sounds dreamy.
Hugs Annabelle

Margaret said...

G,Day Have you read True Pleasures A memoir of women in Paris by Lucinda Holdsforth? I enjoyed your stroll through Paris.

Pineapple Villa said...

Hello ! How lovely. i recently put some You Tube videos on my blog of Paris Apartments. so dreamy, lovely to see Vicki posting too, what an inspiration, Mel xxx

Welcome To My World

Hello, my name is Dzintra Ingrid ... have been known as Ingrid and since our Sea Change I have started to use Dzintra ... pronounced without the D ... (but still known as Ingrid, I know, it's confusing ...)

Welcome to my world ... a journal of our Sea Change ... Mum to three wonderful children ... bringing up a daughter with a disability and seeing life through her eyes ... being a new Nanna ... photos ... inspiring quotes ... taking on a cookery course ... the odd recipe ... and trying to get some stitching done amongst all this ...