This blog is all about me......I come here for respite in between caring for JoJo (our Daughter who has Special Needs)......I am addicted to starting new projects......I am becoming a fabric-a-holic... I love to try out recipes... take a beach walk and breathe in that salty blue air......love to have coffee...sip a glass of champagne......read a book......I am Queen of the Armchair and am inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there!!!

Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas puddings all in a row...



On Friday I took a trip up to my old town for a visit to the Dentist...so I thought I'd have a little look at a kitchen store...something a lot of little regional towns do not have. And what a treat it was...all these little puddings in a row...
...But first up...breakfast...and wow, the best ever Eggs Benedict I have ever had. I sent my compliments to the Chef for producing the best ever, how I thoroughly enjoyed them!!! I'm sure people were wondering what I was doing...I told the waitress I was doing a Cookery Course and couldn't resist the photo...

...stepping into the store, I get all excited at all the equipment, treats from far away places, even the good old tea towels and aprons...me being a real apron wearer!!!


...ginger and almond shortcake

...more goodies

...delicious oils, vinegars, apple balsamic vinegar...the list goes on. I ended up purchasing a few little items...Sauce Aioli, Delouis fils...made in France. Looking forward to trying it with some fish perhaps, cannot resist it with beer battered chips. Had to have the prize winning olives, then I bought a pack of mixed berries, and cherry cranberry pistachio nougat. Little things I know but not readily available in our little town...but makes them all a bit more special. I will savour it all...Then I couldn't resist a cute little white creaming jug and square saucer under...
I found a little quote that to me says it all...Love the moment, and the energy of that moment will spread beyond all boundaries...Corita Kent. It's Monday morning and I can still taste those eggs....mmm!!!

12 comments:

Pamela said...

egss benedict...yummmmmmmmmm

Fer said...

Loooove eggs benedict!

You've reminded me that I need more verjuice - Maggie Beer's of course!

Sandi said...

Oooh, that shop looks like a little piece of heaven. Lots of yummy looking things there.

a good yarn said...

You're right...good Eggs Benedict are so hard to find. A good gourmet food shop is a delight for the senses. I have a weakness for baking tins and biscuit cutters...and weird gadget-y things.

Cheers...Ann :)

Carla said...

HI Dzintra, I am so proud of you doing the puddings. I would love to be so talented. Carla

Leslie Rubio said...

I came to your blog from Nollyposh. Love your blog and I will come back again-going to click on follower so it will be easy to find.

Visit me sometime too!

Lots of love,
Leslie
www.leslielovinlife.blogspot.com

aliceinparis said...

Love stores like that!!!
Cheers, Shelagh

Anonymous said...

Looks like a treat Dzintra !
Barb

Miss Cara said...

yummy puddings

Susan McShannon-Monteith said...

Sounds yummy!
What is most intriguing is you are coming through the door in delightful sandals and I'm here parading around in wool lined wellies.
What a difference a few time zones and a trip below the equator can make, eh?
Susan

Anonymous said...

We really must stop with these high calorie breakfasts!! Me with my chocolate and you with the Benedict. Okay, let's compromise, we'll switch for awhile because, really I loooove Eggs Benedict. Looks like you've been busy and having fun too! Good for you!
Enjoy your weekend.
Catherine

Millie said...

Oh dear Dzintra - my favourite sort of shop, but MOTH has banned me because he reckons we are drowning in 'useless kitchen gadgets'! Not true I say - so it's nice I can satisfy my addiction vicariously thru' you!
Millie ^_^

Welcome To My World

Hello, my name is Dzintra Ingrid ... have been known as Ingrid and since our Sea Change I have started to use Dzintra ... pronounced without the D ... (but still known as Ingrid, I know, it's confusing ...)

Welcome to my world ... a journal of our Sea Change ... Mum to three wonderful children ... bringing up a daughter with a disability and seeing life through her eyes ... being a new Nanna ... photos ... inspiring quotes ... taking on a cookery course ... the odd recipe ... and trying to get some stitching done amongst all this ...