This blog is all about me......I come here for respite in between caring for JoJo (our Daughter who has Special Needs)......I am addicted to starting new projects......I am becoming a fabric-a-holic... I love to try out recipes... take a beach walk and breathe in that salty blue air......love to have coffee...sip a glass of champagne......read a book......I am Queen of the Armchair and am inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there!!!

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Advent Swap...The First Week...Plus A Win!!!


Here we are...first week of Summer with the heat back...and the first week into the Advent Swap run by Fiona!!! What a grand time I have had opening a gift every day from Carol...and I have to admit that every evening now I wonder what my little surprise will be tomorrow...and every morning I'm out of bed...with JoJo too sometimes...all eager to start the day opening the next numbered gift!!! This swap works with one little gift opened up from 1st-24th December and a larger 'main' gift...hand stitched to be opened up on Christmas morning!!!


Carol has drawn a little picture for every day...numbered it and attached it to each one...how cute is that!!! This swap works that the first gift opened up is on the 25th...and then working down to no 1 to be opened up on Christmas Day...Above are the first few numbered pics...and to the right above are all the little pressies laid out!!!
Here to the left is my gift from Carol...and to the right is the one I sent her!!! I'd say we were both thinking along the same lines here LOL!!!

Above left are the gifts for the last week...vintage lace...vintage buttons...fat 1/4...gorgeous pins...a little scissor fob...and a little light...
How lucky can a gal be...amongst all this I received a giveaway win from Vicki ...above right...
lovely bright packaging...

and inside this handmade orange and purple button bracelet...made on a nearby farm to Vicki's over in California!!! I love it Vicki...the colours are so vibrant...and by co-incidence when we were first married our bedroom was decorated in orange and purple...very 1970's!!!
Thank you so much Vicki...this is a fun bracelet!!!
Meanwhile through blogging I have met Sheila , who had seen that I was reading the
Elm Creek Quilters books and very kindly offered for me to read The Persian Pickle Club by Sandra Dallas...which is sort of along similar lines to the Elm Creek series of books...
Thank you so much Sheila for your generosity in loaning this book to me!!!
And I thought the book and the bracelet look so cool together!!!
This little Santa holding the rusty star sits on the old meat safe watching over my Advent gifties...he was stitched a couple of years ago now and sits perfectly here!!!
A design by Helen Stubbings of Hugs'nKisses...
Don't know about everbody else but I have hardly picked up needle and thread these last few weeks...a few other things to attend to these days...and I often hear the call of the sea and can't resist going down to the beach!!!
Hope you enjoy these last few weeks just before the busiest time of year!!!

16 comments:

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Oh you Advent Swap gals are having a lovely time! :-)

Summer heat, at Christmas time. It continues to be hard for us in the Northern Hemisphere, to remember that Christmas time is hot and vacation time, in the Southern Hemisphere.

Hooray for blogging, for reminding us of our differences. But always we know, we are so much more alike, than different. :-)

Aunt Amelia
Dec. 7, 1941

Kath said...

what lovely gifts! Sounds like you are enjoying this exchnage as much as Micki is!

Anonymous said...

Such fun you are having! We had cold temps and snow flurries here over the weekend!

Pooch Purple Reign said...

hi dzintra

such cute little gifties !!
yes, i too, am jealous of the heat you have now. its our first big snowfall where i am in canada. it is pretty tho....

~laura

Fer said...

Such treats! Christmas really is the best time of year. :)

Nat Palaskas said...

So much fun Dzintra. Glad you enjoy the countdown to Christmas and something big to look forward to from Carol. Love your Christmas looks with big star effects - Enjoy - Hugs Nat

a good yarn said...

What a fantastic selection of goodies. Hooray for Christmas! Ann :)

Anonymous said...

Helloo Dzintra, you are having a lot of fun with the Advent Swap....some lovely gifties....it is cool here this evening down south...hugs lyn

Bev C said...

Hello Dzintra, great gifts received and given. Love that bracelet. Orange and Purple - can you remember the bright green and bright orange bench tops in the kitchens? Enjoy your swimming. Happy days.

Simone de Klerk said...

So much loveliness to show, dear Dzintra! How wonderful this Advent calendar is. So special to be able to open a so much cared for present everyday! I have never heard of that book. I'm still reading my Historian. It is really good, but I am not even half way. Love the Santa with the star. So sweet!

Vicki's Bit-o-earth said...

Dzintra, in the haze of the virus I caught this past week, I missed this post! What a wonderful swap!! I would be jumping out of bed early to see what's in the next little package too! What fun! Glad you received the little bracelet and enjoyed it. When you emailed me about it, I was pretty sick and was confused about the colors in your room years ago! Sickness sure can confuse the brain! LOL! xx Vicki

Birdydownunder said...

this has been a wonderful swap...love your gifts.
And of course the Santa.
Enjoy the book and pass it around, it likes to meet people, especially Quilters.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh Dzintra! First of all, I love your language! and then I come to your stitchery blog and WOW! I love the header, and all the lovely things you have displayed! My oh my, this is truly a season of celebration: the celebration of all the twinkling lights of life and talent and love. Many blessings to you as well for your contribution of creativity and great friendship. Bisous! Anita

Anonymous said...

Hi Dzintra!
Wow - very fun swap! I still get a little confused when I read "first week of Summer with the heat back". It's been below zero here. :)

Have a happy day!
Zuzu

Micki said...

Kath is right...you are having as much fun as I am ! Lovely gifts and it looks like a good read!
Micki

Glennis said...

You are getting very Christmassy.

Welcome To My World

Hello, my name is Dzintra Ingrid ... have been known as Ingrid and since our Sea Change I have started to use Dzintra ... pronounced without the D ... (but still known as Ingrid, I know, it's confusing ...)

Welcome to my world ... a journal of our Sea Change ... Mum to three wonderful children ... bringing up a daughter with a disability and seeing life through her eyes ... being a new Nanna ... photos ... inspiring quotes ... taking on a cookery course ... the odd recipe ... and trying to get some stitching done amongst all this ...