This blog is all about me......I come here for respite in between caring for JoJo (our Daughter who has Special Needs)......I am addicted to starting new projects......I am becoming a fabric-a-holic... I love to try out recipes... take a beach walk and breathe in that salty blue air......love to have coffee...sip a glass of champagne......read a book......I am Queen of the Armchair and am inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there!!!

Monday, May 3, 2010

Gerringong Quilt Show...and my Daughter's New Blog!!!

Towards the end of last year we went up to Gerringong to have a look at an Annual Quilt Show...which was not far from this spectacular view!!!
We had lunch in the building on the left...

Here are some of the quilts on show...all pics taken with permission...

The Raffle Quilt...


And look Vicki here is Anne stitching away...
This lady had an amazing stall...full of all sorts of stitcheries...

dolls...

pin cusions...bags...you name it...
She starts stitching about 9.00 am in the morning and goes right through until the evening....
And if I recall right she said it stops her from eating LOL!!!
An awesome lady...You Go Anne!!!










Of course we had to have lunch after all this walking around!!!

Strolling around the village we came across surfboards in a shop there...

along with this sturdy rocking horse!!!

And dig this apron...French style...wraps around and comes down to the knees, how cool is this!!!

My Daughter Jacqueline has started off a blog...and she's keen to blog all the dinners that she makes over a year...Have Fun Darls!!!
And I'm off tomorrow for a few days to a Carerfest...
Put on for Carers...respite organized...meals provided...yoga...massages and meeting other Carers...I'm looking forward to this...it's all happening in Narooma
But also lots to organize for JoJo...notes to Mr Armchair about the routine for JoJo's programmes...But I'm sure I'll be right when I get there!!!

12 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh Dzintra, there is so much beauty to behold in the things that make us happy and call us to create. Thank you for this lovely post of an art that I once dabbled in. You always bring so much joy from down under, whether it is your craft or cooking...such happiness. I wish you an excellent Tuesday!!! ANita

Nat Palaskas said...

It looked a fun day at the show on the shore! I envy you. I love that blue quilt with basket, oh I wish I have time to make one! You have a good few days away at the parents fest. Hugs Nat

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh dear, are you up now? I need to check to see what time it is for you! Thank you dearest....

Fer said...

The quilt show looks lovely! (although that rocking horse is gorgeous!!)

ria vogelzang said...

Thanks for your lovely pictures! What a number of great quilts!!Hope you have some lovely days with other Carers...... Enjoy!

catita said...

the french style apron is the apron we wear in Chile!
my mum is also going to the Carers retreat in canberra....finally after 5 years we have convinced her to have a break....
seriously, carers are the worst people when it comes to take care of themselves....
enjoy the time at Narooma
see you soon
lots of lOve,
marianela
xoxoxo

a good yarn said...

Fantastic show Dzintra - how cool are those emus?! Lunch looked fit for a queen. Cheers, Ann :-)

Pooch Purple Reign said...

ahhhh, enjoy your restful days away.
great quilts. my grandma was a quilter. shes gone now tho :(
cheers
~laura

Kath said...

Enjoy your respite and all the lovely pampering treatments, you have earned it :D
I'm sure you will return refreshed and revitalised. XXi

Bev C said...

Dzintra, enjoy your time at Narooma. I do love that rocking horse. Thanks for the quilt show,wonderful pieces on show. Happy times this week.
Bev.xoxo

Jeni said...

hi Dzintra my friend........... once again looks like a wonderful you all had ..popping over to your daughters blog see yah

Vicki's Bit-o-earth said...

Oh Dztinra, what an amazing quilt show! Anne's quilts are breath-taking! Wow! And how cool is that apron! Completely protects everything... something I definitely need... I'm a horribly messy cook! (: Congrats to Jacqueline joining the blogosphere! I'm headed over to to read her posts~ xxxVicki

Welcome To My World

Hello, my name is Dzintra Ingrid ... have been known as Ingrid and since our Sea Change I have started to use Dzintra ... pronounced without the D ... (but still known as Ingrid, I know, it's confusing ...)

Welcome to my world ... a journal of our Sea Change ... Mum to three wonderful children ... bringing up a daughter with a disability and seeing life through her eyes ... being a new Nanna ... photos ... inspiring quotes ... taking on a cookery course ... the odd recipe ... and trying to get some stitching done amongst all this ...