This blog is all about me......I come here for respite in between caring for JoJo (our Daughter who has Special Needs)......I am addicted to starting new projects......I am becoming a fabric-a-holic... I love to try out recipes... take a beach walk and breathe in that salty blue air......love to have coffee...sip a glass of champagne......read a book......I am Queen of the Armchair and am inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there!!!

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Happy Anniversary To Us!!!

Here's a Chocolate Cake I made on the morning of our Anniversary last week intending it to be for later on that evening...
Mr Armchair took us (that is me and JoJo) out for a celebration dinner so this little heartcake is patiently sitting in the freezer all ready to be decorated with strawberries and cream another day!!!

We went into town to our favourite Restaurant 'On The Pier'...
here is the view awaiting us...


Rusty old anchor out the front...

'Boatsheds' on the deck...

The view up river...

Looking across the famous Clyde River Bridge...


Looking towards the Oyster Sheds...
The Clyde is well known for its Sydney Rock Oysters which are used locally...in Sydney and around New South Wales...

Starting off with a cocktail...

A delicious red from the Geelong Wine Region (Victoria)

JoJo started off with Rosemary and Parmesan Grissini, marinated olives and Persian Fetta...

We had Oysters Kilpatrick!!!

Char Grilled grass fed Beef Fillet, Garlic Potatoes, Crisp Crab Ravioli with Soy and Green Chilli reduction for Mr Armchair...

Tempura Prawns, Spiced plum Sauce and Lemon for JoJo...

and my choice...twice cooked Pork Belly with warm Salad of Grilled Scallops, Chilli Pineapple and soft Herbs...

A hot chocolate for JoJo...

Delicious dessert...Pavlova Mess...Strawberries in a light rice biscuit (can't think of the name...it's very popular and I have never seen it gluten free before...normally wound round a wooden spoon straight after cooking..it'll come to me and I'll slip it in) and sorbet!!!

Thanks to Amy who has spurred me on and suggested Tuile...I'm pretty sure it was a Brandy Basket!!!


Here we are!!!

JoJo took herself out on the deck after dinner...

A couple of moored boats...

Part of the interior...

And I couldn't resist a snap of the sugar in a glass!!!
We had a wonderful evening...
wouldn't mind dining like this a bit more often...
beautiful views...delicious food...
and a great venue!!!
Happy Anniversary Hubby!!!

18 comments:

Victoria said...

Yay.Congratulations!! Beautiful post..lovely tribute to your special day and love!
Hugs and Happiness
Kiki~

Simone de Klerk said...

Happy happy anniversary, lieve Dzintra! What a very special and oh so yummy looking dinner you had. I bet it tasted even better.
Thank you for showing us the place you went to! I hope to go with you there one day (o:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

MY GOODNESS, how did I ever miss this grand and WONDERFUL POST! Everything about it...the food, the beach, YOU; it is all wonderful Dzintra and I send you my heartfelt congratulations and much joy for the love you have shared dearest! BRAVOOOOOOO! And thank YOU for leaving me such kind comments....much love to you, Anita

Kath said...

Wshing you both many more happy years together- all of you! XX

Jeni said...

Oh Dzintra..... your photos are just to die for.... and the food ….glad you had a great night…many more to come
Great blog
Hugs

Unknown said...

It all looked Beautiful & Congratulations once again...Gorgeous pics thanks for sharing...
cheers

Nat Palaskas said...

Happy anniversary to both. You both look very well and happy. I love the look of that restaurant. You could almost see Seabird from there. I've noticed you have been playing with your photos. They look great Dzintra - Have a lovely day - Hugs Nat

Bev C said...

Hello Dzintra,

COBGRATULATION"S on your Anniversary. Everyone looks so happy it must have been that wonderful view and food. Enjoy that chocolate cake when it comes out of the freezer.
Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Amy at Whisk & Whimsy said...

Happy Anniversary, Dzintra! Restaurant looks lovely, we will have to call in on our way down the coast one day.

Amy.

PS, did you mean a 'tuile' biscuit?

Fer said...

Happy anniversary! What a beautiful spot to celebrate it. Whenever you show us photos of your area it always makes me think of the movie "Oyster Farmer", even though it's set on the Hawkesbury. So much of the NSW coastline so beautiful though. ♥

Terry said...

Thanks for sharing venue and menue.
Happy Anniversary to you Both.

Susan: My Food Obsession said...

Looks like a great night! My husband & I forgot our anniversary this year LOL!!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Well you all had a great time and CHEERS TO YOU....wow what a feast you had! THANK YOU FOR VISTING ME YESTERDAY SWEET ONE! Anita

ceecee said...

A Happy Anniversary to you and "Mr. Armchair". (Love that!) Another milestone, eh? You always have the best feasts! Love to you -
Catherine

ria vogelzang said...

A very happy anniversary, Dzintra!!! And I whish you both many more to come!!!!
Love to see you both in the picture. And what a great dinner you had! Yummie!!!!
Love and a big hug, Ria.

Pooch Purple Reign said...

wonderful post dzintra. you and mr. look so cute !
your dinner looks fab and im LOVING the size of that first cocktail!!
happy anniversary to you
~laura x

Vicki's Bit-o-earth said...

Happy Anniversary Dzintra and Mr. Armchair (: What a perfect place to celebrate at! It all looks scrumptious. Congratulations dear friend~ xxVicki

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

DEAREST FRIEND! Oh, to come to see you would make my world!!! AND....JUST GO TO Picnik on google and it is totally FREE and SOOOOOO EASY to make collages with your favorite photos! DO IT! IT IS EASY!!!

Thank you for your visits and fun chat. I am having a lovely winter celebration here and you should have tasted my special turkey for Thanksgiving! WOOW, when I put my mind to it, I can cook quite well!

LOVE TO YOU, Anita

Welcome To My World

Hello, my name is Dzintra Ingrid ... have been known as Ingrid and since our Sea Change I have started to use Dzintra ... pronounced without the D ... (but still known as Ingrid, I know, it's confusing ...)

Welcome to my world ... a journal of our Sea Change ... Mum to three wonderful children ... bringing up a daughter with a disability and seeing life through her eyes ... being a new Nanna ... photos ... inspiring quotes ... taking on a cookery course ... the odd recipe ... and trying to get some stitching done amongst all this ...