This blog is all about me......I come here for respite in between caring for JoJo (our Daughter who has Special Needs)......I am addicted to starting new projects......I am becoming a fabric-a-holic... I love to try out recipes... take a beach walk and breathe in that salty blue air......love to have coffee...sip a glass of champagne......read a book......I am Queen of the Armchair and am inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there!!!

Sunday, November 28, 2010

My First Beachwalk of the Season...or Sea Fever!!!

With Summer finally arriving here I thought I would take my camera down to the beach and take some pics for this Season...I was not disappointed!!!
The view above leading to 'our' beach...

A lost children's shoe on the post...still there 10 days later!!!

Looking south...

North...

Out to the ocean...



This pic above taken at Constitution Dock, Hobart, Tasmania
our beautiful Island State...
I have blogged this poem before and it always comes back to me every Summer so just had to post it again...

Sea Fever by John Masefield

SEA FEVER
I MUST down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,

And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by,

And the wheel's kick and the wind's song and the white sail's shaking,

And a gray mist on the sea's face, and a gray dawn breaking.

I must down to the seas again, for the call of the running tide

Is a wild call and a clear call that may not be denied;

And all I ask is a windy day with the white clouds flying,

And the flung spray and the blown spume, and the sea-gulls crying.

I must down to the seas again, to the vagrant gypsy life,

To the gull's way and the whale's way, where the wind's like a whetted knife;

And all I ask is a merry yarn from a laughing fellow-rover,

And quiet sleep and a sweet dream when the long trick's over.

Enjoy these beautiful days in the lead up to Christmas...Dzintra

19 comments:

ria vogelzang said...

Wow, such great pictures!! What a gorgeous sight of the sea!!
Imagine: here, on the other side of the world the first snow gell today..... We are celebrating the winter season, and it is about minus three degrees in the daytime overhere..... ;))
But: I also love the winter-season!
Love to you and enjoy the weekend!
Hugs, Ria.

ria vogelzang said...

Sorry: I ment: "fell" today.......
;))

Simone de Klerk said...

You must feel so happy, to make those beach walks again. Rest and peace glow from the pictures!
Have a peaceful weekend!

Vicki's Bit-o-earth said...

Oh now you've got me longing for summer again Dzintra! lol Your beach is so beautiful! John Masefield's poem fits perfectly~ I've been walking to the edge of the waves each day for the past 4 days (trying to get myself back in shape after an early fall flu) every day that its sunny enough. Have a great week~ xxxVicki

Susan McShannon-Monteith said...

Oh you tease us so... with snow flakes falling and minus degree wind chills your beach post is a welcome.
Enjoy every wave splash, grain of sand and seashell as you stroll.
And remember us here in the north that are just beginning Winter.
Susan x

Kath said...

OMG it's snowing here and you guys are on the beach!!!

Fee said...

The beach is gorgeous - There is just something about it isn't there - Instant relaxation for me :) I didn't realise that you were a Tassie girl.

Hugs - Fee X

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Oh what beautiful beach shots Dzintra!!! You know how much I love them!!! It's been quite warm up our way this last week but I haven't made it to the beach yet and today we are back to rain!!!

So.... I just love the 2nd last shot [from memory now I am on the comments page I can't see]... but the one that clearly shows the earth IS ROUND.. hehehehe.... I'l; have some shots to share with you soon from Noosa... but first I have to get through Mooloolaba although considering just ignoring that part of my trip.. hahaha.. except!! the blogger I met up with was Ange from France.. so It did make Mooloolaba worth while!!! I do wish I could have met up with all the QLD bloggers and Cathy for sure.. but maybe another time....

Ok.. have a fabulous weekend.. thanks for sharing your delightful beach with us!!! ciao ciao xxx Julie

Chookyblue...... said...

it looks beautiful.......the beach is hours and hours away.......

Nat Palaskas said...

Love love the photos of the beach. So inviting to jump in for a quick swim! Will join your walk one day soon - Love Nat

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Oh glorious, my husband does miss the beach living so far inland here in Canberra. At least when we buy our farm we'll be closer to Braidwood & access to the coast. See you soon to collect your copy of Handmade Living at Shop Handmade!! Love Posie

Terry said...

Beaut view of the beach.
Enjoy the nice weather

Fer said...

Lovely photos Dzintra! It'll be a while before it's real beach weather here though!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Dearest one! It just captivates my imagination to think that you are now doing what we just finished doing....walking on sandy beaches barefoot....I so wish I could be a bird or something larger with wings to SEE how we all experience the same moment in time, or nearly, but have completely different seasons!!! HAVE SO MUCH FUN DEAREST! Anita

Micki said...

I go with Kath...Even though we are right by the beach, with all the snow, that would have been the last place I would have gone today. Your beach pics remind me of ours.
Glad that you enjoyed your day.
Mick

Bev C said...

Hello Dzintra,

Enjoy your Summer. I often wonder how shoes are not reclaimed.Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Victoria said...

Dzintra! Such a beautiful inspiring post..wish I could stroll along the beach with you Gypsy kindred!
hugs!
Victoria~

Pooch Purple Reign said...

beautiful photos dzintra. i sure wish it was warm here ....sigh.
soon enough! enjoy
~laura xx

Photography said...

Lovely! So serene :-) Just joined your blog - off for a look around :-) Ps how divine is your header!!!

Welcome To My World

Hello, my name is Dzintra Ingrid ... have been known as Ingrid and since our Sea Change I have started to use Dzintra ... pronounced without the D ... (but still known as Ingrid, I know, it's confusing ...)

Welcome to my world ... a journal of our Sea Change ... Mum to three wonderful children ... bringing up a daughter with a disability and seeing life through her eyes ... being a new Nanna ... photos ... inspiring quotes ... taking on a cookery course ... the odd recipe ... and trying to get some stitching done amongst all this ...