This blog is all about me......I come here for respite in between caring for JoJo (our Daughter who has Special Needs)......I am addicted to starting new projects......I am becoming a fabric-a-holic... I love to try out recipes... take a beach walk and breathe in that salty blue air......love to have coffee...sip a glass of champagne......read a book......I am Queen of the Armchair and am inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there!!!

Thursday, December 2, 2010

OPAM One Project a Month ...November 2010 and some Quilts from my Needlework Group!!!

Time for OPAM (One Project a Month) again...
this month I finally framed a cross stitch that had been hanging around for 2 years...and am so pleased with it!!!
I've got a few cross stitches here unfinshed...
perhaps no I think I'll get stuck into one and see if I can finish it next year!!!
Anyone want to join me?


Lovely little beads and buttons adorn this...
I fell in love with this little one and had to have it!!!

For my needlework group Fiona asked everybody to cover some foam (provided) for our meeting place at the Church Hall...and here is my one...
it has a pale blue backing...

and other completed ones...
The chair is so much more comfortable now...
Thank you Fiona for a great idea!!!

Our Group has some very talented ladies...
here are some quilts made/in the making...

From a workshop a few weeks ago...'Shattered 9 Patch'...
a sporty them above...

and a pink one!!!
They look great girls...mine is still in the making!!!

And here is my little 'surprise quilt' for you know who...
top all together now...


This is the raffle quilt for this year...
Every Christmas at our break up lunch we get 'homework'...
for this year the group all did a stitchery basket each...
and during the year this is completed all ready for the raffle held in September...
and so lucky this year one of our group won it...
Congratulations Yvonne!!!

It's after midnight now and I better hit the sack...
tomorrow I want to get my parcel ready for a 6 Item Swap hosted by Maree...

To be included in the swap...

something to read
something smelly
something for the craft room
something for Christmas (handmade or bought)
something handmade
something to eat!!!

I'm looking forward to this swap...it's a secret swap...
I don't know who my partner is but delivery should be next week!!!

Now...to open it when I get it or put it under the tree!!!

10 comments:

Simone de Klerk said...

Such a lovley finished project, Dzintra!Congratulations.
And what a good idea, those cushions.
Beautiful quilts from the group!

Kath said...

All those lovely projects to see! Your quilt for "you know who" is really beautiful! I have at last got round to doing a little stitchery, just a hand sewn gift for a friend, as I can't get my machine out in all this dust and muck :D

Chookyblue...... said...

love the cross stitch..........I have been reinspired.......have been doing some cross stitch.........

Fer said...

It's such a busy time of year, but it looks like you're making the most of it! :)

Bev C said...

Hello Dzintra,

Your cross stitch looks so lovely Dzintra, you got it framed just in time for the festive season. Love the range of quilts your friends are making. Good luck with yours.
Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Pooch Purple Reign said...

i love yours best.... the one for the mr. it is fantastic!
~laura x

Sandi said...

A lovely christmassy project - finished just in time!
That reminds me, I have a cross-stitch that needs finishing.....

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning dearest! ANother lovely and fun project and I cannot wait to get a sewing machine! I see all these fun projects and I can only dream! HAVE A LOVELY AND CREATIVE DAY! Anita

Nat Palaskas said...

You have been busy Dzintra. Love the OPAM stitchery. It's gorgeous! That quilting group sounds like fun - Love the basket raffle quilt - good job everyone - Hugs Nat

Photography said...

Wow those pics are great I love all the quilts

Welcome To My World

Hello, my name is Dzintra Ingrid ... have been known as Ingrid and since our Sea Change I have started to use Dzintra ... pronounced without the D ... (but still known as Ingrid, I know, it's confusing ...)

Welcome to my world ... a journal of our Sea Change ... Mum to three wonderful children ... bringing up a daughter with a disability and seeing life through her eyes ... being a new Nanna ... photos ... inspiring quotes ... taking on a cookery course ... the odd recipe ... and trying to get some stitching done amongst all this ...