This blog is all about me......I come here for respite in between caring for JoJo (our Daughter who has Special Needs)......I am addicted to starting new projects......I am becoming a fabric-a-holic... I love to try out recipes... take a beach walk and breathe in that salty blue air......love to have coffee...sip a glass of champagne......read a book......I am Queen of the Armchair and am inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there!!!

Friday, August 26, 2011

Happy Birthday JoJo...we're off to Wiggle World!!!

If JoJo could say it all I'm sure she would say something like this!!!

I have just recently celebrated a very special birthday in Wiggle World at the Gold Coast in Queensland!!!


All a last minute job...when Dad went to buy a cake for me he found that the ovens weren't working at the place he went to...of all the luck, it had to be on my birthday didn't it!!!
There was no other shop there...then Danelle had the bright idea to make a packet one...
she was lucky to be able to find a gluten free packet chocolate cake...
I had already bought the candle and Wiggles sticker for the cake...

then when she went to cook it in the oven at her apartment room it didn't work...grrrr!!!
James then bought it down to our one and luckily it was a goer!!!
Well done Danelle and thank you so much!!!


Here I am with Mum at the airport...


Here is a pic of our plane...I'm very excited by now!!!


The view from our balcony...isn't it wonderful!!!


I'd never seen a Hard Rock Cafe before but we had one just near us...here I am standing amongst Beatles memorabilia...


with Ringo...


Check out the watch from Mum and Dad...


The entrance to Dreamworld...Wiggles World is inside this theme park...


I'm so happy to be here...



We all had a ride inside the Big Red Car...


With the famous Wiggles skivvies...


Inside a tea cup with my brother James...I bet he never thought he would ride inside a purple tea cup ha ha!!!


Claire Fairy...Dorothy the Dinosaur...Wags the Dog...Me and Captain Feathersword...
and to think I actually got to meet these people...and dinosaur and dog...wow!!!


Having a ride with Danelle and James inside a log...down stream...through tunnels...up...and speeding down and getting splashed...WHAT FUN we had!!!


Mum really liked this sign inside an olden day gold themed park...
Dressmaking and Tailor...repairing neatly done...


and these old time buildings...


At my birthday dinner at The Grand Chancellor they decorated the table for me with GOLD stars...
drew on the balloons...they were just so nice to me and fussed over me...


Mum and I went shopping for a birthday dress...
I also found a headband with a feather on it to wear...
I normally just wear a t shirt with a favourite music band on it and some pants so this was really something!!!


And here I am with Dad, Mum, James and Danelle...
I had a fabulous time...thank you so very much everybody...
I love you all to bits...JoJo xoxo

15 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

THIS IS SO WONDERFUL TO MEET JOJO!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR!!! Your mum is such a dear friend...CHEERS TO ALL! Anita

Simone de Klerk said...

Happy happy birthday, dear birthday girl JoJo!!!!
What a wonderful birthday you had with so many lovely people.
And I am so happy they could make you a birthday cake! Very clever Danelle!
I LOVE the dress you specially got for this occasion with the beautiful hairband.
Such a special day for you!

Kath said...

What a fab day you had! Happy Brithday lovely girl. many happy returns xx

Rachaeldaisy said...

A Super Happy Birthday JoJo!!!! What a wonderful holiday you had. Wiggles World looks like so much fun!!! I bet Danelles cake tasted better than any you could buy from a shop because it was made with love!! You looked so beautiful in your birthday dress!!

Jeni said...

Happy Birthday Jo Jo
looks like you had a grand time and lots of memories to remember

Nat Palaskas said...

Happy Birthday JO JO, I'm glad you had a lovely time at wiggle world and Ringo Star. Isn't he the coolest. You are one lucky girl. I've got a chance to see your brother James too and isn't Danelle pretty? Thanks so much for sharing your special birthday with us - big hugs Nat

Margaret said...

Happy Happy Birthday JO JO, You look terrific sitting in a teacup with James , great photo and what fun you had I feel as if I was with you .

Terry said...

Jo Jo well "Blow me Down" Happy Birthday . I like the picture of you and Mom at the airport.
Wiggles World Beatles and Birthday cake Woohoo!!

Terry said...

Jo Jo well "Blow me Down" Happy Birthday . I like the picture of you and Mom at the airport.
Wiggles World Beatles and Birthday cake Woohoo!!

Sharon (Stitches on Mars) said...

Looks like you had a great birthday JoJo. Happy belated birthday from me :)
Hugs, Sharon

a good yarn said...

Happy Birthday JoJo! What an amazing time you've had. It's lovely to be spoiled so much. Ann :-)

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh precious friend, thank you for your well wishes and it was so sweet to see Jo Jo's email!!!! MANY HAPPY DAYS and HEALING, for that arm and shoulder! Your summer is coming, ours going out...I just love how we can be so connected, yet experience different weather patterns on this same globe....wow.

Anita

Zuly said...

Hi Dzintra!
Cute birthday of your daughter.
I send my congratulations to JoJo.
Greetings from Costa Rica,
Zuly Castillo U.

rosie said...

Happy Birthday JO JO!! It looks like you had a fantastic time.. I love the photo of you and your brother in the tea cup.. Hope he looks after you like all good brothers should..

Bev C said...

Hello JoJo.

So glad to see you had a great time at Wiggle World you even got your brother into a purple teacup. Meeting Ringo and the Wiggles was a lot of fun for you. You looked lovely in your new outfit.
Happy Birthday JoJo. I have to agrre with your Mum I love the sign too.
Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Welcome To My World

Hello, my name is Dzintra Ingrid ... have been known as Ingrid and since our Sea Change I have started to use Dzintra ... pronounced without the D ... (but still known as Ingrid, I know, it's confusing ...)

Welcome to my world ... a journal of our Sea Change ... Mum to three wonderful children ... bringing up a daughter with a disability and seeing life through her eyes ... being a new Nanna ... photos ... inspiring quotes ... taking on a cookery course ... the odd recipe ... and trying to get some stitching done amongst all this ...