This blog is all about me......I come here for respite in between caring for JoJo (our Daughter who has Special Needs)......I am addicted to starting new projects......I am becoming a fabric-a-holic... I love to try out recipes... take a beach walk and breathe in that salty blue air......love to have coffee...sip a glass of champagne......read a book......I am Queen of the Armchair and am inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there!!!

Monday, February 13, 2012

Looking Through A Glass Onion...John Waters being John Lennon~~~

Last month we were lucky enough to have been entertained by John Waters (with Stewart D'Arrietta) one of Australia’s most recognised and respected television, film and theatrical actors at our local club...





JoJo in front of the stage before the show...


I was lucky enough to get his autograph and pic taken with him...


Of course JoJo had to have a t-shirt to add to her collection!!!

Back in 1990......10 years after John Lennon had been shot John Waters thought rather than mope about the loss we all had suffered he should use his abilities as an actor and a rock star to breathe some kind of life into the memory of John...and this he did, sounding eerily like John Lennon...

...Just being there, delivering the message.  Keeping the spirit alive. Rocking on.  Giving peace a chance ~John Waters~

Looking Through A Glass Onion......John Lennon in Words and Music
A fabulous show and highly recommended for Lennon fans!!!

17 comments:

Margaret said...

A night to remember, being able to see the show is one thing , meeting John Waters who we all love from the medical show he was in ( can't remember the name ) is a great big WOW factor.

Anonymous said...

whow what a night to remember.xx

Sue said...

That's fabulous. A classic show and meeting JW would be the best.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh now I would have loved to see this. I ADORE JOHN LENNON and Ruben and I watch the Beatles Anthology regularly to get our "fix" of all the boys, but especially John. His wit and sass and gift for telling it like it is is something that most of us miss about him. LOOK AT JOJO! She is a love. HUGS TO YOU DEAREST !!! Anita

A Magical Whimsy said...

Hi, Dzintra
This show sounds awesome~ Yay! for John Waters! I am sure the show was surreal.
I will email more!
hugs,
Teresa in California

Nat Palaskas said...

That was really sweet action from John Waters. I only knew him as a Playschool presenter. Yes I used to watched Playschool with my kids. When they went off to school I ended up watching Playschool for ME! Glad you enjoyed the show. Love Nat

Rachaeldaisy said...

I know this show has been around for a little while but I've never had the chance to see it. I bet it was amazing. I love John Waters! He was in playschool when I was little, later he was in a show I loved called All the Rivers Run. Good on you for getting a photo with him!!

Palomasea said...

How wonderful for you and JoJo to have experienced this show, dear Dzintra!
I, too, love John Lennon and his message to the world...
Thank you for sharing this!
A lovely, creative week to you, sweet friend,
xoxo,
- Irina

Fer said...

John Waters is amazing, and to think I grew up watching him on Play School!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning dearest!

Yes, we get our Beatles fix regularly and the inspiration never stops. When someone's music, art, writing or spirit leaves such a legacy through time, you know they were special! Even my fourth graders, every year, KNOW THEIR MUSIC!!!

Have an inspirational day dear heart! Anita

Terry said...

ditto the playschool viewing. We lived in Deniliquin during All the Rivers Run. It was set and filmed in Echuca not far away. So of course we watched.
Looked like a great night out for all. So nice to have a time to share with JOjo. I'm sure she loved it as much as you did.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY DZINTRA!!!!!! Anita

Fee said...

I have seen the show and you're right it's fantastic. Well done on meeting him.

Hugs - Fee X

Millie en Miles said...

What a lovely blogs you have.... nice to read, beautiful to see !!!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

I'm just thrilled that ya'll got to do this. I would of loved to tag along with ya.

I am a giant Beatles fan. I'll never forget the first time I saw 'em on the Ed Sullivan Show.

God bless ya and have a wonderful day sweetie!!! :o)

Palomasea said...

Thank you for coming by, sweet friend! I never tire of "La Vie En Rose" either...
Cheers to the hopeless romantics! :)
I hope your weekend is relaxing and lovely..
Big Hugs,
- Irina

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

DZINTRA DEAREST!!!!!!!

I have just emerged from my little basement studio to finish some Etsy products. Oh my, I am having so much darn FUN creating! And what makes today even better is that I know that TOMORROW, I have NO SCHOOL! (President's Day!) THANK YOU PRECIOUS for visiting today! CHEERS! Anita

Welcome To My World

Hello, my name is Dzintra Ingrid ... have been known as Ingrid and since our Sea Change I have started to use Dzintra ... pronounced without the D ... (but still known as Ingrid, I know, it's confusing ...)

Welcome to my world ... a journal of our Sea Change ... Mum to three wonderful children ... bringing up a daughter with a disability and seeing life through her eyes ... being a new Nanna ... photos ... inspiring quotes ... taking on a cookery course ... the odd recipe ... and trying to get some stitching done amongst all this ...