This blog is all about me......I come here for respite in between caring for JoJo (our Daughter who has Special Needs)......I am addicted to starting new projects......I am becoming a fabric-a-holic... I love to try out recipes... take a beach walk and breathe in that salty blue air......love to have coffee...sip a glass of champagne......read a book......I am Queen of the Armchair and am inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there!!!

Monday, April 23, 2012

My Birthday Week...

Just finishing up on my birthday week...


Here's a cheers to you all for my birthday wishes!!!


Mr Armchair took JoJo and I out to dinner at Monet's just before the weekend...


Scallops here...


Sushi...delicious!!!


The wine...


The meals...lamb above...bouillabaisse below (a traditional Provençal fish stew originating from the port city of Marseille)



Chocolate Mousse...


The 3 of us...


The next morning our Daughter Jacqueline and her Hubby arrived to leave our little Grandson Ryan for us for a few days for the school holidays...On Sunday morning we went our for breakfast...
Here is Ryan with his little Sister Lidija sharing a milkshake...
how cute are they!!!


Ryan love his trains...
he called us to come and look at the beautiful train track he made...
when he grows up he wants to re-instate the train tracks throughout the country...How cool is that...and all from a 6 year old...he actually said it when he was 5...



We had pancakes on Monday morning and JoJo set the table...
she laid out the jams and syrup...and Ryan's water bottle...
Good thinking JoJo!!!


Ryan lined up his trains...I thought we would watch Harry Potter together...
he didn't make it through the movie...it all got a bit too much for him...
will have to watch it another time...he did like the train and the owl though!!!



We went out for birthday lunch on Tuesday...
Ryan loves to be in photos...



On Thursday I met my friend Asta for coffee at Starfish Deli...
and she had a surprise gift for me...
this little stitched bag...isn't it gorgeous...
beautiful warm colours...

together with a little Anni Downs notebook and a lovely card...
Thank you so much dear Asta...loved the catch up...we'll do it again soon!!!


We spontaneously took a drive up the little historic village of Milton on Saturday...
had to pop into My Patch and bought some fabrics...this lovely modern funky paisley...


OoLaLa Charm Pack by Bunny Hill Designs for Moda...


and a fun 1930's Jelly Roll...30's Playtime "Chloe's Closet"...I've never bought anything like this before...



I entered a swap...


Pic found on internet

And to finish off the week...
Mr Armchair commutes to work 2 hours each way...
due to all the rain we have had Clyde Mountain had a landslide and it took him 4 and half hours to get home...I understand the engineers are working on it amongst others to clear it all...

And due to this Ryan isn't coming here this week!!!

Have a great week everyone...Love Dzintra xo

14 comments:

Simone de Klerk said...

Lovely post, Dzintra!
Happy happy belated birthday. What a lovely dinner you had. A real celebration.
And oh my, Ryan isn't that small boy anymore. How he is growing so fast, as his sister!
Lovely presents for you, my dear friend.

Kath said...

lovely photos and lots of news! Love the fish stew :-P
That pretty bag is very me, I love that too. I'm so pleased you had a good time, you deserve it xx

RitaGri said...

Mīļi sveicieni dzimšanas dienā!Lai veselība, dzīvesprieks un radošs gars tevi pavada katru dienu!

Rachaeldaisy said...

It looks as though you had a wonderful birthday!! Good food and good company are the ingredients for a perfect day. Your grandchildren are so sweet, it's nice you get to spend time with them over the school holidays except when there's mud slides.

Jeni said...

Hi my friend what a wonderful week you have had
great post

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful week of exciting things for your birthday,so glad you have had a great time and love your buys at the patchwork shop.xx

Sue said...

What a fabulous birthday week you've had...so much to enjoy and share.

Bev C said...

Goodmorning Dzintra,

Belated Happy Birthday, If I could sing you would be hearing a lovely melody coming from the West. Great to see the scallops and West Aussie wine on the menue. Just delicious. The family are all growing up so fast,Ryan has his head screwed on re the railways.Enjoy your new gift and patchwork material. Hope hubby gets home quicker this week, see that is what happens when the rain stays on one side of Australia!!! Send some across please.

Happy days to you and Jojo.
Bev.xoxo

Lynn said...

What a delicious meal it looks like, I love meals that are not only delicious, but amazing to look at too! What fun it seems like you had with your grandson. They are darling grandchildren. Happy Birthday!!!

RG said...

Happy happy birthday Dzintra,
Sounds like it was wonderful! xx

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY PRECIOUS ONE!!! I am only so sorry that I was not prepared for our birthday bash; my internet problems last week and a full schedule just threw a wrench in the works.....MUCH LOVE TO YOU ON THIS SPECIAL DAY! My day is TODAY! Anita

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh the sistahood is STILL ALIVE!!! And how scrumptous does this feast look to me, even though I am here at home sick with a stomach bug!!!!

HUGS MY DEAR! Anita

Palomasea said...

Oh, beautiful friends...what amazing women born in the month of April!!!
Dzintra, dear, sorry I am so late with visiting...
It is a joy to see how wonderful your birthday celebrations have been!
So happy for you... :))
Lots of love, sweet friend,
- Irina

Anonymous said...

Happy belated Birthday, the meals look absolutely delicious! Lovely pictures and post.

Welcome To My World

Hello, my name is Dzintra Ingrid ... have been known as Ingrid and since our Sea Change I have started to use Dzintra ... pronounced without the D ... (but still known as Ingrid, I know, it's confusing ...)

Welcome to my world ... a journal of our Sea Change ... Mum to three wonderful children ... bringing up a daughter with a disability and seeing life through her eyes ... being a new Nanna ... photos ... inspiring quotes ... taking on a cookery course ... the odd recipe ... and trying to get some stitching done amongst all this ...