This blog is all about me......I come here for respite in between caring for JoJo (our Daughter who has Special Needs)......I am addicted to starting new projects......I am becoming a fabric-a-holic... I love to try out recipes... take a beach walk and breathe in that salty blue air......love to have coffee...sip a glass of champagne......read a book......I am Queen of the Armchair and am inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there!!!

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Craft Show Sights Around Darling Harbour~Part 4.......a delicious cake......and a Giveaway!

While we were at the Quilt Show at Darling Harbour we also took the opportunity to have a look around the Harbour itself...



We came across the HMAS Endeavour which is a replica of the boat that Captain James Cook sailed to Australia on...




Closer up to her...






Looking up at the mast...
I fell in love with this magnificent boat and thought it was so beautiful...
all the workmanship involved, just amazing!


Looking towards North Sydney...

I hadn't been to the Quilt Show for about 10 years and I felt like I have just had a mini holiday along with Mr Armchair and JoJo...
I have thoroughly enjoyed myself......loved the blogmeet and I think a lot of us bloggers felt like we 'just knew each other'

Thank you so much Chooky for organizing this......
You have done a fantastic job in getting us all together...
Here's to the next time we all meet!!!


And here's a post I've been meaning to do for a while...
from this Womens Weekly Old Fashioned Favourites...


Orange Cake...



The recipe can be found over here on my Food Blog


Some Chocolate Raspberry Muffins from a Donna Hay magazine made by Deb...


And here's JoJo chatting with Deb...
It was a lovely morning with us all getting to know each other!


I have an extra copy of this months Australian Good Food magazine if any one would like a chance at it...
just pop on over to My Dolce Vita and leave a comment and I will draw it on Friday!

11 comments:

Kath said...

such lovely food! I am always trying to avoid sweet things, so I have to just enjoy them from afar LOL
I'm pleased you have enjoyed your break, it will have done you the world of good.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

DZINTRA!

YOU always have something posted that means so much to me...THAT ORANGE CAKE is very similar to one that my beloved mum used to make....oh, the memories here are swelling up! I need to make one soon.....and you are enjoying the REDS while I have my mind on the pink tickle of the bubbles...oh would I ever love to be at that harbour today; we are having 100+ degrees, FARENHEIT!

LOVELY POST my sweet friend, Anita

Rachaeldaisy said...

Beautiful Sydney photos. That orange cake looks delicious!!!

Susan said...

I have an old copy of that magazine, it's a great favourite. Lovely "plating up" too - lots of Masterchef going on here! So glad your enjoyed your trip to Sydney, it was lovely to meet.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

i just SNATCHED the recipe from your Dolce Vita blog!!!!!!!! HAVE A GREAT DAY my friend! Anita

trump said...

Very nice images folks and I really like the ones of that ship. We in the states are receiving some pretty hot temps across the whole country, so I trust that you guys are much cooler than we are right about now! Richard from the Amish settlement of Lebanon,pa

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Mmmmmmmmm.....orange cake and PINK BUBBLES sounds good TOGETHER!!!!

Happy day my darling friend! Anita

Kaisievic said...

I love your orange cake - it has inspired me to make one this weekend. Thanks for visiting my blog, kittenstitching. Your blog is lovely, too. Love the pics of the Endeavour.
hugs, Kaye

Palomasea said...

Dear friend, like sweet Anita...I am filing that recipe!! Yum...I love everything orange flavored, and that cake is gorgeous...thank you.
I don't know why I have not visited your food blog yet, but I will now!
Saw the new Donna Hay today with that gorgeous chocolate cake on the cover...
haven't purchased a copy yet, but plan to.
Dzintra, these photos are so wonderful...oh how I love ships...and this one is stunning. Don't you love to imagine the history?
I'm so glad you had a wonderful time...
Great to see JoJo...did she enjoy the treats that morning? Chocolate and raspberry...another favorite combo!
I am so happy that you came to visit me...you are so blessed to live near the beach, my friend!
Today we visited a wonderful historic park with a splendid waterfall...healing and lovely.
Sending lots of love and blessings to you!
xoxo,
- Irina

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

DARLIN'DZINTRA!!!!

Oh how I love getting your comments and then to come here to see you and JoJo. I tell you, I get a rush of joy when I see your sweet faces on your header!

DO YOU LOVE AQUA TOO????? With the heat wave we have had, that color is the ONLY color that gives me relief!!!!!

May your day be bright and beautiful my friend! Anita

Anonymous said...

Great recipes!

Welcome To My World

Hello, my name is Dzintra Ingrid ... have been known as Ingrid and since our Sea Change I have started to use Dzintra ... pronounced without the D ... (but still known as Ingrid, I know, it's confusing ...)

Welcome to my world ... a journal of our Sea Change ... Mum to three wonderful children ... bringing up a daughter with a disability and seeing life through her eyes ... being a new Nanna ... photos ... inspiring quotes ... taking on a cookery course ... the odd recipe ... and trying to get some stitching done amongst all this ...