This blog is all about me......I come here for respite in between caring for JoJo (our Daughter who has Special Needs)......I am addicted to starting new projects......I am becoming a fabric-a-holic... I love to try out recipes... take a beach walk and breathe in that salty blue air......love to have coffee...sip a glass of champagne......read a book......I am Queen of the Armchair and am inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there!!!

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

~Update~Canberra Show...a gift, Pirates and Halloween~


A little post here that I've been meaning to do for a while now
I've actually got a few that I would like to get in this year so I'll start with the Canberra Show that we went to back in February
Click here for news of the Show for 2013

I couldn't resist the above air brushed tattoo of a Faery


there was even a Faery Quilt on display


It was an extremely hot day
this is at about 9am in the morning heading down to the Ferris Wheel


nearly there....


JoJo loving every second of the ride


View over to Black Mountain Tower with the mountains in the background


Having a little fun with getting the balls into various number slots
Great for her as she aims for certain numbers
(I love these too)


An interesting little hut here


We imagined this had water in it
if it had of we would've jumped into it I'm sure!!!


We stayed the night at our Daughter Jacqueline's


Happy Birthday Mr Armchair on this very hot evening!!!!


A little fruit platter for breakfast


And here's little GD Lidija in the car with her dolly!!!


Jacqueline quickly picked a rose for us as were leaving to come back home 


A surprise gift in the mail from my dear friend Susie over in Western Australia
All wrapped in gold (she knows me too well)


....a cross stitch design book and a Guest Book
The verse on the cover says

'Our happiest days are found in the joy we share with those we love
These are the cherished moments of life'



and a postcard from Monkey Mia
Thank you so much dear Susie...I love the books and I will get over to see you one day xoxoxo


Now over to Pirates of Penzance currently playing at The Bay Theatre
Here are 3 of the gorgeous daughters of the Major General played by Tatjana, Madie and Jenna


Don't know whom I'm after in this pose ha ha!!!!!
The play is doing really well
On Sunday the Moruya Hospital Auxiliary wanted the cast to autograph a copy of the programme and there have been a couple of requests by some groups in town for our appearance.......how cool is that

Not much happening with needle and thread here just a bit here and there but I will have something to show for OPAM (One Project a Month) for October


And in time for Halloween tomorrow here is little Lidija being a 'scary witch'...

20 comments:

RitaGri said...

Jums ir bijis jauks brauciens. Un karsti! Mums jau ir -5 grādi un sniegs, brrr.
Skaistu dāvaniņu saņēmi!
Mazā raganiņa ir mīļa!

Jeni said...

What a great Post Dzintra

Susan said...

Looks like a busy time. Lots of happiness in your post.

Kath said...

lots of lovely things and I just ADORE Lidija as a scary witch!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

DZINTRA! Ooooo, it is fun to see you with your beloved family having fun, and to see you in your costume!!! I bet you have more performances to go, and how is your arm????Mr. Armchair looks like such a nice man, and your little grand daughter is just darling. HUGS TO YOU MY DEAR and like always, I so enjoy coming to visit you! Anita

Cathy said...

Lovely post! Looks like GD is going to follow in GM theatrical footsteps!! Very cute witchy poo!! Xx

Nat Palaskas said...

Lovely photos for Canberra show. We will get there one of these days. Happy Halloween to you all in BMB...

Michelle Ridgway said...

Great post Dzintra and I love seeing you in your costume.

Anonymous said...

lovely post Dzintra and your grand daughter is so cute even posing as a witch.xx

Lynn said...

Fun post! I love the picture in your costume!

Simone de Klerk said...

Oh my, Dzintra, what a lovely post! Such beautiful, happy and colorful pictures and wonderful to share so much time with you family.
Lovely picture, you and DH. You look very happy (o:
Happy belated birthday to your husband!

Rachaeldaisy said...

Its fun sharing your day out at the Canberra Show. I love the rose picked for you as you were leaving, such a thoughtful gift. You make such a great G&S policewoman!

Pooch Purple Reign said...

you are quite a girl !! so much happenin and still time to post . I dont know how you do it !! hahah
I didnt do so well this summer
O well :)
Cheers
~ laura xx

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

teeheee....I love that picture of you with the stick, then the photo of the little one being SCARY!!!!!

DZINTRA! You are having more fun family this weekend? YEAH! This is such a fun time of year for the kids AND the adults who get to relive their memories through the children. WHY NOT? The magic should never end. And I am so glad to hear the arm is much better! You must have several more performances to go, right?

HALLOWEEN has already passed for you, hasn't it?

ENJOY YOUR SPRING DAYS MY DEAR! Anita

Bev C said...

Hello Dzintra,

What great photo's. Happy Birthday to Mr Armchair. Hope you enjoyed Halloween and Jojo had fun.
Love that little Witch.
Has someone filmed your show so you can see it back?

Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Terry said...

A trip to the fair is always fun for young and old. You have been busy lately. It is the season for it so Enjoy !!

Terry said...

A trip to the fair is always fun for young and old. You have been busy lately. It is the season for it so Enjoy !!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning sweet friend and fellow thespian!!

No my friend, we are no where near the coast line. We live in the Upper Midwest, in Minnesota and all the floods and storms are on the east coast, but I lived in Boston, Massachusetts for 11 years and saw horrible hurricane induced storms and what they can do to a home.

I CAN JUST SEE JOJO enjoying trick or treat! I see that this celebration has made its way into other countries that just years ago never acknowledged it! We had a quiet evening and now, to prepare for the American Thanksgiving coming up! I cannot believe how quickly this year has passed.

Have a lovely day! Anita

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

DZINTRA MY DEAR! So glad to hear of your continued success with the show!!! I will never forget a traveling show I did about 32 years ago. SIX of us young actors/dancer/singers went on a USO tour of Asia: Japan, Korea, The Phillipines, Okinowa and Guam. It was a 3 month tour with 54 consecutive performances. We would set up our stage, perform, take down our props, get in a plane or helicopter and get back to the army base or hotel. It was an unforgettable time and theatre has a way of doing this to you. You become the character, a part of the wonder and you do not want it to end! BRAVO and cheers to you! My husband is going to get me a bottle of pink bubbles to celebrate my recent FIRST professional job as a seller of paper items, HERE IN MY TOWN!!!!!

LOVE, Anita

Palomasea said...

Hello dearest Dzintra!! ( and a big wave to our precious Anita there)
I am so late here....but getting back to visit dear friends like you lifts my mood considerably...
Thank you so much for your kind and always thoughtful words.
I am so glad to see these gorgeous photos! I love JoJo's Wiggles shirt...let her know that I am a huge fan! Looks like such a fantastic time, and indeed...nothing better than time spent with those we love.
Your knee is doing better, I pray?
Looks like sweet Lidija has your acting chops!! :)))
Love to you, and now to catch up with your newest post!

Welcome To My World

Hello, my name is Dzintra Ingrid ... have been known as Ingrid and since our Sea Change I have started to use Dzintra ... pronounced without the D ... (but still known as Ingrid, I know, it's confusing ...)

Welcome to my world ... a journal of our Sea Change ... Mum to three wonderful children ... bringing up a daughter with a disability and seeing life through her eyes ... being a new Nanna ... photos ... inspiring quotes ... taking on a cookery course ... the odd recipe ... and trying to get some stitching done amongst all this ...