This blog is all about me......I come here for respite in between caring for JoJo (our Daughter who has Special Needs)......I am addicted to starting new projects......I am becoming a fabric-a-holic... I love to try out recipes... take a beach walk and breathe in that salty blue air......love to have coffee...sip a glass of champagne......read a book......I am Queen of the Armchair and am inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there!!!

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

~Purple Carrots~


Here's something I just couldn't resist sharing......
I was slicing Purple Carrots and noticed they looked just like Hexagons.....
I thought they were just gorgeous and cute.......and the colour was so rich
All purple and orange!!!!

I did a little research and found out that carrots used to be purple before they were bred orange...
To read more about this go over here

I love them whether they are purple or orange!!!

12 comments:

Bev C said...

Hello Dzintra,

Amazing what you find in the kitchen, enjoy those carrots.

Happy days.
Bev.

Cardygirl said...

How funny!

Anonymous said...

very interesting,though i would only grow the orange ones,lol.xx

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

THERE THEY ARE! Oh, and the shape, how weird is that! I find that the patterns in nature are very interesting, like a diamond in the rough that is always octogonal, a pineapple upon which you can find the Fibonnacchi pattern and so on! I do wonder how these would come out in a carrot cake! Happy baking/cooking dearest Dzintra! LOVE, Anita

Susan said...

Beautiful colours. How do they taste?

Kath said...

do they taste purple? :-D

Domesblissity said...

I saw them in the green grocers recently Dzintra. I should try them.

Anne xx

Googy Girl said...

I did nt know that, that's really cool....thanks for the link

Fiona said...

they do look like hexagons.... how fun...
Hugz

Nat Palaskas said...

Ha purple carrots! I know it so well. I used them for dyeing! I never eaten them though...

Anita said...

Amazing fact find about the carrots! and yes, they do look like hexie's.
Cheers, Anita.

Rachaeldaisy said...

I love purple carrots too, tasty and a fun colour. Isn't it amazing where we see quilt shapes. Thanks for sharing your hexagon purple carrots!

Welcome To My World

Hello, my name is Dzintra Ingrid ... have been known as Ingrid and since our Sea Change I have started to use Dzintra ... pronounced without the D ... (but still known as Ingrid, I know, it's confusing ...)

Welcome to my world ... a journal of our Sea Change ... Mum to three wonderful children ... bringing up a daughter with a disability and seeing life through her eyes ... being a new Nanna ... photos ... inspiring quotes ... taking on a cookery course ... the odd recipe ... and trying to get some stitching done amongst all this ...