This blog is all about me......I come here for respite in between caring for JoJo (our Daughter who has Special Needs)......I am addicted to starting new projects......I am becoming a fabric-a-holic... I love to try out recipes... take a beach walk and breathe in that salty blue air......love to have coffee...sip a glass of champagne......read a book......I am Queen of the Armchair and am inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there!!!

Friday, August 22, 2014

~Diamonds at Large Delivered......A Family Affair~


Here is the label for my Diamonds at Large Quilt finally delivered to my Brother


What a surprise he received and showed it off as soon as he opened it


We then headed outside and did some posing with it







I hope this quilt will give him some warmth when needed
I put a whole lot of love in it so hopefully it will come out!!!


I had one of those quilts from Homespun magazine and thought I would give it to my Sister Brigita


she was tickled pink!!!


Caught up with my Niece Hailey
Who said our hair can't be the same colour LOL!!!


 My Nephew/Godson Brendan was at home this weekend (mostly)


And I got some cuddles from my cute little Great Nephew Connor as well!!!
A great family weekend!!!
Hope we can all catch up again!!!


10 comments:

Lynn said...

What a terrific post! It's such a wonderful thing to share our quilts with those we love. Adorable baby!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Gorgeous photos of your family with ther amazing gifts...and how cute is your nephew....

Chookyblue...... said...

so nice your brother loves the quilt.........the colours are great.....sounds like some lovely family time.........

Anonymous said...

Hi Dzintra,what wonderful family pics and your brother looks so happy with his quilt,what a special and loving thing to do for him,enjoy your day my friend.xx

Fiona said...

lovely pictures of the family.... and your brother looks delighted with his lovely quilt.... and your sister too....
Hugz

Susan said...

Giving a quilt is the best feeling, I'm sure your brother will feel all the love you sewed into it. A great family weekend.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

OH MY GOODNESS that little Connor is one cute little BOY! SQUISH!!!!!

Again my friend, your loving art is delivered to a much cherished family member, and to your dear brother. HOW I WISH I HAD A BROTHER! And your beautiful sister, gorgeous HAIR, the both of you!!

Much love and many wishes for a super weekend! Anita

KimM said...

This is an absolute blessing - what a thoughtful, heartfelt gift. Love the pictures - you're an amazing woman.
hugs
xxx

RitaGri said...

Cik labi ir satikt savu ģimeni. Un cik jaukas un siltas dāvanas!

Relyn Lawson said...

Hey, you. Thank you for participating at the giveaway over at my blog. I do love quilts. Talk about a perfect gift! Grace Gal won my give away, but I loved reading all the comments. Thanks for playing along.

Welcome To My World

Hello, my name is Dzintra Ingrid ... have been known as Ingrid and since our Sea Change I have started to use Dzintra ... pronounced without the D ... (but still known as Ingrid, I know, it's confusing ...)

Welcome to my world ... a journal of our Sea Change ... Mum to three wonderful children ... bringing up a daughter with a disability and seeing life through her eyes ... being a new Nanna ... photos ... inspiring quotes ... taking on a cookery course ... the odd recipe ... and trying to get some stitching done amongst all this ...