This blog is all about me......I come here for respite in between caring for JoJo (our Daughter who has Special Needs)......I am addicted to starting new projects......I am becoming a fabric-a-holic... I love to try out recipes... take a beach walk and breathe in that salty blue air......love to have coffee...sip a glass of champagne......read a book......I am Queen of the Armchair and am inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there!!!

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Can't Hold It In...I'm going to PARIS and Latvija (Latvia)

I have the most exciting news!!!

I've got a few 'Paris' things around the house thinking one day it would be nice to go there but never really expecting to.....
As we care for JoJo it would just be too hard to organise let alone find Care for her
It's hard enough to organise a night out without booking respite in advance
No spontaneous Dinner Dates for us here

This just has to be the next best thing



Last July my Beloved Son rang me and said

Mum, get your Passport......I'm taking you to Paris............eeeeekkkkk, whaaaaaaat
I walked around in a Dream
and then
Tickets were bought.......flights booked


I've got an assortment of books to look through


I'll especially have to study this one


I'm using this as my Planning Book


I even bought an Ink Stamp ages ago
Just part of the fun collecting Paris stuff


This is my Pinning Table which Mr Armchair brings in for me when I am pinning a quilt
and I stuck this stamp on it


I wrote my first letter with this stamp on the envelope to my good Friend Geo (no blog)


This bag is at the end of the table housing a Special Project (next post)


A bucket bought a long time ago now houses Paris stuff for Our Trip


The first thing I bought specifically for the trip......will come in handy as I have no French language


Little Affirmation Cards received at Christmas

The quote today is
The Sea is Everything
Its Breath is Pure and Healthy
It is an Immense Desert
Where One is Never Lonely
For you can Feel Life stirring on all sides

Jules Vern



Even had me an Award Winning Pear Cider


And today courtesy of Allen & Unwin and Goodreads I won this copy of Josephine Moon's 
'The Chocolate Promise'.  All very timely as this book is set in Evandale, Tasmania then goes over to Paris and Provence.......This is my absolute next read!!!

Thank you so much Allen & Unwin and Goodreads........can't wait to get into this book!!!!!

The Biggest Thank You and Love to my Mr Armchair who is going to stay home and care for JoJo whilst I go off to Paris and Latvia
and not to forget my Prince of a Son.....

Thank You So Very Very Much
Words cannot express what I feel for you both

does it get any better than this

Love, Dzintra

17 comments:

Judith said...

True love from both your husband and son! When are you going? Enjoy yourselfs, to bad that you are not traveling to the netherlands! If you do, let me know! Au revoir!

Susan said...

Wonderful, thrilling news. I'm so excited and happy for you Dzintra, and your husband and son are absolutely wonderful to make this happen for you. You deserve it!

Janice said...

What a wonderful family you have to make your dream come true. I'm so happy for you.

Rachaeldaisy said...

That truly is very exciting news!! The men in your family are super stars for giving you this gift. Have fun planning all the wonderful things you'll see and do.

Anita said...

Yep...you are officially a Paris tragic!!....LOL
MIGHT SEE YOU THERE,!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

I am finally HERE! IT'S OUT! THE NEWS IS OUT! Oh my friend, stay within the posh and wonderful areas of Paris, for like any city, it has its parts that are like any other city. I want you to see the Paris of our dreams, and it's in the little corners of Paris proper. The cafés, the boutiques, the museums, the architecture...take your TIME! Oh how lovely this will be. Take plenty of photos. Anita

Anonymous said...

Hi Dzintra ,wow I am so very happy for you,a dream come true and what special men you have in your life,God bless them xx

Liene said...

Bon voyage!!! So very happy for you!

Kath said...

How exciting! My husband has been working in Paris since November and he loves it.
I'm sure you will have a wonderful time, what a lovely son you have!

RitaGri said...

Cik priecīga ziņa! Tu dosies uz Parīzi un arī uz Latviju!Kādu mīļu pārsteigumu tev sagādāja dēls un atbalsta pārējā ģimene. Priecājos par tevi!

Terry said...

Wonderful gift from the men in your life. A dream come true. Enjoy!!

Michelle Ridgway said...

I am so happy for you. Fabulous to have your special dream come true and to have your son make it possible is even more special! Lovely hubby to hold the reins to enable you to go xx

Bev C said...

Hello Dzintra,

Wonderful news, enjoy your exciting trip. Latvia will be most interesting. A wonderful gesture by your son.

Happy days.
Bev.

Yvonne W said...

Congratulations, Dzintra! What a wonderful son and husband to organise this trip for you. Enjoy!

Astrid said...

Such great news! I'm so excited for you! Wonderful son and husband to make it possible for you. I'm sure you will love Paris, it's a wonderful city and way too much to see and visit! Have fun!

Fiona said...

just an amazing trip coming up.... I can hear your excitement in your blog post...
Hugz

Palomasea said...

Ohmygoodness!!!!!!! :)))))
Incredibly exciting! Raising a virtual glass of champagne to dreams coming true and to a fabulous trip, dearest Dzintra!
Fabulous!!! So very happy for you, my friend!
Love,
~ Irina

Welcome To My World

Hello, my name is Dzintra Ingrid ... have been known as Ingrid and since our Sea Change I have started to use Dzintra ... pronounced without the D ... (but still known as Ingrid, I know, it's confusing ...)

Welcome to my world ... a journal of our Sea Change ... Mum to three wonderful children ... bringing up a daughter with a disability and seeing life through her eyes ... being a new Nanna ... photos ... inspiring quotes ... taking on a cookery course ... the odd recipe ... and trying to get some stitching done amongst all this ...