This blog is all about me......I come here for respite in between caring for JoJo (our Daughter who has Special Needs)......I am addicted to starting new projects......I am becoming a fabric-a-holic... I love to try out recipes... take a beach walk and breathe in that salty blue air......love to have coffee...sip a glass of champagne......read a book......I am Queen of the Armchair and am inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there!!!

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Sylvia's Bridal Sampler


Here is the little box I am keeping my blocks in complete with 'French' labels

Well so far so good with keeping up with my Sylvia's Bridal Sampler blocks
the aim was for one a week and so far I have kept up
One to do this week still

I've joined in with Fiona over here so pop on over and see how she is doing along with a few others
Her blocks are starting to look so much like a quilt
All made out of lovely reproduction fabrics


Chimneys and Cornerstones


Bright Hopes


Chinese Coin






Ribbon Star


Children's Delight


Don't know how much more I will be able to keep up with them
but that's okay I allowed for that.

My trip is looming closer and my time is filled at the moment with lots of incidental details, caring for JoJo and Mr Armchair retiring, JoJo's birthday, DS's birthday
Lots of appointments at the moment also

Packing, unpacking, refining
Hopefully this weekend I will be able to properly sort all the clothes out

I haven't been able to get around much to comment on all my favourite blogs but I make sure I visit when I can

19 days to go
I still can't believe it

PARIS and Latvia here we come!!!!!!!!!!!



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi my lovely friend,love all your blocks,you are doing so well ,and how exciting not many sleeps now my friend xx

Susan said...

Your blocks are lovely, and you are doing so well keeping to your schedule, especially with all the planning going on.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

It's now NINETEEN DAYS until you go????? OH DZINTRA! You must be thinking 24/7 about what to wear, pack, what you'll visit! REST UP and get ready for a treat my friend! Lovely quilting shares today! Anita

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

DZINTRA! I see you came to my post! You are so kind to do so...and that's right...you will be on my side of the earth soon! That is so wild to think of it that way! ENJOY!

Anthea said...

Hi Dzintra, wow I hope you get a chance to pack properly & mindfully, not forgetting anything! You're a busy lady, but still managing to piece together some beautiful block for your Sylvia project...

Fiona said...

Your blocks are lovely and so fun seeing a lot of quite different fabrics... We will still be going when you get back ...

Hugz

Liene said...

You'll be in Rīga before you know it!!! Can't wait to hear about what you planned out for your visit!

Michelle Ridgway said...

I love your blocks. You and the other girls are clever. How exciting to have your trip so close. Hope preparations go smoothly for you x

Rachaeldaisy said...

Such beautiful blocks! The time is really flying till your big trip, you'll be getting more and more excited with each day.

Welcome To My World

Hello, my name is Dzintra Ingrid ... have been known as Ingrid and since our Sea Change I have started to use Dzintra ... pronounced without the D ... (but still known as Ingrid, I know, it's confusing ...)

Welcome to my world ... a journal of our Sea Change ... Mum to three wonderful children ... bringing up a daughter with a disability and seeing life through her eyes ... being a new Nanna ... photos ... inspiring quotes ... taking on a cookery course ... the odd recipe ... and trying to get some stitching done amongst all this ...