This blog is all about me......I come here for respite in between caring for JoJo (our Daughter who has Special Needs)......I am addicted to starting new projects......I am becoming a fabric-a-holic... I love to try out recipes... take a beach walk and breathe in that salty blue air......love to have coffee...sip a glass of champagne......read a book......I am Queen of the Armchair and am inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there!!!

Friday, April 29, 2016

OPAM (One Project A Month....April 2016)


Gosh this year is just flying by but luckily enough I was able to score two OPAMs this month
Fabric used was a panel and fabric from Anni Downs of Hatched and Patched 
The fabric is her latest.....All in a Day


This month's project is a Sewing Machine cover


Complete with a pocket on each side




As I needed the cover NOW I hunted around for some fabric for the lining and came up with one of JoJo's old blue and white checked sheets
It worked a treat and I'm very happy with it!!!

Tutorial for Sewing Machine cover found over here


Litte Lidija was here over the holidays and she inspected the cover,
took it off


and had a chuckle about it all and put it on


 and showed off her 'new hat' lol


While she was here she wanted a quick little something made so after she chose fabric, ribbon and button (had to be pink) I made up a little bag for her and now she puts her Mum's old phone into it!!!
Fabric received in a Swap on my recent Hobart trip
Ribbon from an Antique Stationer in Hobart
and I think the button came from Queensland!!!

Thank you so much Peg and Kris for hosting OPAM again this month
I love trying to get something made each month!!!


************

Blog posts are few and far between lately as I'm still suffering from headaches and migraine when I spend too much time on the computer but learning to restrict myself.  This unfortunately means I can't get around and comment all the time but I do try and get to read my favourite blogs.......

************


Happy Sewing and Happy Weekend, Dzintra 


11 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

You are amazing ... Awesome finishes 😇😇😇

Anonymous said...

Hi Dzintra,such beautiful work my friend xx

KimM said...

Great finishes - I think I need to make a sewing machine cover - it's on my list.....
xxx

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good evening my dear friend! I hope you are feeling better today? This phenomenon of headaches from too much computer use is effecting more and more friends. It's effects my eyes! Good to see you and to know you are well and enjoying the creativity that makes us all united. Lovely!

Susan said...

Love the cover, practical and pretty. Lydia might be ready for some sewing lessons soon! Hope you're feeling better soon. X

Fiona said...

lovely finishes... sorry about the headaches and migraines.... take care..xx
Hugz

Susan said...

I hope you can sort out the headache problem - the computer is such an important part of life these days!!! love your machine cover and such a pretty bag for Lydia.

Terry said...

The projects are lovely. You always do such interesting things with Annie's fabrics. Keep working on an answer to the migrains.

Jenny said...

This looks great in the Anni fabrics

RitaGri said...

Skaists un praktisks mēneša projekta darbs. Un asistente arī čakla!

Chookyblue...... said...

lovely cover.....great fabrics to use............

Welcome To My World

Hello, my name is Dzintra Ingrid ... have been known as Ingrid and since our Sea Change I have started to use Dzintra ... pronounced without the D ... (but still known as Ingrid, I know, it's confusing ...)

Welcome to my world ... a journal of our Sea Change ... Mum to three wonderful children ... bringing up a daughter with a disability and seeing life through her eyes ... being a new Nanna ... photos ... inspiring quotes ... taking on a cookery course ... the odd recipe ... and trying to get some stitching done amongst all this ...