This blog is all about me......I come here for respite in between caring for JoJo (our Daughter who has Special Needs)......I am addicted to starting new projects......I am becoming a fabric-a-holic... I love to try out recipes... take a beach walk and breathe in that salty blue air......love to have coffee...sip a glass of champagne......read a book......I am Queen of the Armchair and am inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there!!!

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

~OPAM...(One Project A Month) - August


Phew, not only is August flying by this whole year is flying by with Spring here tomorrow!!!

5 Book Bags this month along with 3 Mug Rugs


This Book Bag has been gifted


Along with this one


This one I have kept and put into it a book I read for a Book Challenge
The Challenge was to read a book with an Author the same name as mine and I found
 Dzintra Sullivan


Another bag and this time I put some Harry Potter ribbon on


Perfect for this book!!!


And from this bundle of Fat 1/4's (Notting Hill by Robyn Randolph) I made some Mug Rugs
I've taken to lately Make 1 Make 2 when I can and this totally works


It worked so well I made 3


Front


This one was a special one and was gifted to my friend Asta for her birthday
Asta is currently exploring her homeland Estonia in Europe

Thank You Sweet Peg and Kris for hosting OPAM again this year!!!

******

We've been away for the last few weeks up in Queensland hence no blogging and no comments made but will get back into it soon!!!

Happy Stitching......Dzintra xo


4 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning Dzintra! A perfect gift, a book bag!!!!! How are you dear one? Has spring begun yet for you?

Enjoy your sewing....you always seem to have great fun!

Rachaeldaisy said...

I bet all the recipients of your beautiful gifts were so pleased! Book bags are such a clever idea. Your mug rugs are so sweet, they make me feel like a cup of tea.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dzintra wow you have been busy,I love all your beautiful work,well done my friend xx

Bev C said...

Hello Dzintra,

Hope you enjoyed your holiday. Your book bags are just so lovely especially love the tree fabric. Have you read the book "Love Anthony" by Lisa Genova, a great read.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Happy days.
Bev.

Welcome To My World

Hello, my name is Dzintra Ingrid ... have been known as Ingrid and since our Sea Change I have started to use Dzintra ... pronounced without the D ... (but still known as Ingrid, I know, it's confusing ...)

Welcome to my world ... a journal of our Sea Change ... Mum to three wonderful children ... bringing up a daughter with a disability and seeing life through her eyes ... being a new Nanna ... photos ... inspiring quotes ... taking on a cookery course ... the odd recipe ... and trying to get some stitching done amongst all this ...