This blog is all about me......I come here for respite in between caring for JoJo (our Daughter who has Special Needs)......I am addicted to starting new projects......I am becoming a fabric-a-holic... I love to try out recipes... take a beach walk and breathe in that salty blue air......love to have coffee...sip a glass of champagne......read a book......I am Queen of the Armchair and am inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there!!!

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

~South Coast and Country Quilters Guild Inc Quilt Show 2016~


Last weekend I popped on along to the Bi-ennial exhibition of the 


I walked past the Trading Table and picked up these little items along with a few others


Now down to the serious business of checking out the quilts!!!
I took pics of some of the quilts as I was wandering around

This one is 'Friendship'
Hand and machine appliquéd, and quilted by Dorothy

I'm only a beginner Quilter but I just love doing it so much
I just can't keep up with making the tops lol
Plus I shop quicker than I sew......saw that line somewhere and oh so true


'Around the Garden'
A Wendy Williams design made and quilted by Lorraine
Wool Felt applique, hand embroidery



This fun quilt 'It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas'
an original design by Margaret with the exception of Flying Santa from
 Friends for Christmas by Lynette Anderson
Hand applique and embellished, machine pieced and quilted by Margaret



'A touch of Renaissance'
Designed by Michelle Hill
Made by Helen - Raw Edge Appliqué
Quilted by Christine



'Pemberley (sans bird)'
Designed by Katrina Hadjmichael
Made by Marietta - appliqué and machine piecing
Quilted by Maxine



'Birthday Wishes'
This quilt had its start at a Beth and Trevor Reed Workshop
Hand Drawn, Painted and dyed Iris
Made and Quilted by Beryl



'Andrew's Universe'
This quilt is reversible, has Glow in the Dark fabric included and has a map of the Constellation of Norma on the reverse
Designed and Machine Pieced by Norma
Quilted by Debbie


This fun quilt 'Bird Dance'
Designed by Sue Spargo
A Bird and Stitch Sampler in the American Folk Art style
Wool Felt Appliqué with stitched embellishment
Made and quilted by Margaret


A close up of the birdies



'Diminishing Circles'
Hand Applique
Made and Quilted by Robyn


'Framed Fassets'
Kaffe Fasset fabric
Quilt and Bind as you go
Made and Quilted by Daiva



'Callum's Dinosaurs'
Combining Painting and Quilting
With thanks to Helen Godden for technique 
Hand Painted and Pieced
Made and Quilted by Christine


'Celestial Dream'
A Susan Powell design
Hand applique and machine pieced
Made and quilted by Jennifer

 (I thought of you with this one Rachaeldaisy)
Bright and Happy


Oh my, I fell in love with this one
'Hocus Pocus Village'
Hand Embroidered
Made by Susana
Quilted by Narelle





 'My Garden in my Dreams'
McKenna Ryan Design
Raw Edge Applique
Made and Quilted by Lena


Oh dear I had to come back for a closer look at Hocus Pocus Village
Witches, Stitches, Quilting, Needlework
Fright Nite, Stitch and Witch, Sign up Now
Four floors of black fabric, Magic Beads
I want to go in lol


The Black Cauldron, Authentic Witch Cuisine
Spidey Soup 
Worms Alfredo


A little closer


 I can't keep away
Pumpkin Latte
 Anyone for Bat Wing Mocha
 Frog Leg Espresso



I went home for say, 5 minutes
I got Mr Armchair to take me back and the Ladies were packing up for the day with 20 minutes to go
The Quilt  kept calling me and I had to do it lol 
*S O L D *



 Now that it was mine I quickly lifted the Quilt up to see the underneath


 So so happy with this one!!!

Thank you South Coast and Country Quilters for another fantastic show

And Thank You Susana.....you made my day!!!

Dzintra xo


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dzintra wow what an awesome day`day you had,those quilts are amazing and boy i sure do love the quilt you bought,thankyou for sharing your special day my friend xx

Bev C said...

Hello Dzintra,

So many amazing talented quilters. How lucky to get the quilt you wanted, enjoy.

Happy days.
Bev.

Fiona said...

such a lovely display of quilts... and well done on your purchase...
Hugz

Diane-crewe said...

such beautiful work .. and lots of inspiration for you xx

Chookyblue...... said...

looks great.........beautiful quilts........thanks for sharing.....

MulticoloredPieces said...

Hi, Dzintra. I so enjoyed seeing your quilt show first thing in the morning. Thanks for sharing it!
Best from Tunisia, nadia

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Hello sweet Dzintra! Thank you for coming to my blog post! Having a home to care for is time consuming but ever so fun. Enjoy your day!

Rachaeldaisy said...

LOL, it's so funny Dzintra, the quilt that stopped me in my tracks was the one you said made you think of me. What a great show of beautiful quilts!! I love the quilt you bought. The quilter will be happy knowing it's gone to such a great home where it will be loved for the treasure it is.

Unknown said...

Thank you Dzintra for sharing photos of the amazing quilts on exhibition at the 13th Biennial South Coast and Country Quilters Show. Your support is greatly appreciated.
Jean, Publicity Officer for SCCQ.

Unknown said...

Thank you Dzintra for sharing photos of the amazing quilts on exhibition at the 13th Biennial South Coast and Country Quilters Show. Your support is greatly appreciated.
Jean, Publicity Officer for SCCQ.

Welcome To My World

Hello, my name is Dzintra Ingrid ... have been known as Ingrid and since our Sea Change I have started to use Dzintra ... pronounced without the D ... (but still known as Ingrid, I know, it's confusing ...)

Welcome to my world ... a journal of our Sea Change ... Mum to three wonderful children ... bringing up a daughter with a disability and seeing life through her eyes ... being a new Nanna ... photos ... inspiring quotes ... taking on a cookery course ... the odd recipe ... and trying to get some stitching done amongst all this ...